ADVERTISEMENT

Former Spiders & Friends of the Family playing in 22-23

This is the kind of stuff that doesn't happen under Mooniocrity. Mooney and his staff crap on former players or just ignore their accomplishments. I have first hand knowledge of this and others on this board have shared the same. Time for a regime change and someone that will love the school and look to excel. Get rid of PQ, Hardt and Mooney. They will never win and will keep milking the clock. Time for a change.

This is the kind of stuff that doesn't happen under Mooniocrity. Mooney and his staff crap on former players or just ignore their accomplishments. I have first hand knowledge of this and others on this board have shared the same. Time for a regime change and someone that will love the school and look to excel. Get rid of PQ, Hardt and Mooney. They will never win and will keep milking the clock. Time for a change.
Well to be fair, CM doesn’t have a deep track record of making it to the final four to warrant non-CM alumni to come out to the game.

Well to be fair, CM doesn’t have a deep track record of making it to the final four to warrant non-CM alumni to come out to the game.
True, but I don't see former players from pre Mooney ever tweeting support or here or see anything mentioned. The few I have spoken with seem to have zero connection. Not the top priority for a coach, but it's all the little things that add up. No social media presence, or dumb things like the Brooklyn to Richmond prophecy tweet.

This post is beyond pathetic. Can you share your 1st hand knowledge, 23? It's so typical that you find a tweet like this and your 1st thought is to take another shot at Mooney. Even if you flat out have to make stuff up to try to make your point.

Whether you like him or not, and we all know you don't, there are examples all over place of past players praising Mooney and thanking him for being there for them. How about when players rallied for Mooney when the stupid billboard went up? Former players show up to games and continue to support us and our coach. Or, what about the video when Mooney got his 300th win? A whole lot of former players offered their praise for that one. Yet, you get on here and say that kind of stuff "doesn't happen under Mooniocrity". How does Mooney crap on former players, 23? Why not share examples when you make wild statements like this? Why do you think Mooney doesn't love the school? Examples? He will "never" win? Really? Short memory, 23? Wow. What a post.

True, but I don't see former players from pre Mooney ever tweeting support or here or see anything mentioned. The few I have spoken with seem to have zero connection. Not the top priority for a coach, but it's all the little things that add up. No social media presence, or dumb things like the Brooklyn to Richmond prophecy tweet.
LOL. "The few I have spoken with". Oh, okay, that settles it. You must be right then. Guess you haven't spoken with guys like ShawnDre, TJ, or Grant, or a bunch of other past players, or seen their tweets either.

Last edited:
I think what he is referring to is players before Mooney was here and keeping that connection live. Pretty sure, we have heard that Johnny Newman (greatest Spider of all time) is no great fan of Mooney.

Reactions: wr70beh
This post is beyond pathetic. Can you share your 1st hand knowledge, 23? It's so typical that you find a tweet like this and your 1st thought is to take another shot at Mooney. Even if you flat out have to make stuff up to try to make your point.

Whether you like him or not, and we all know you don't, there are examples all over place of past players praising Mooney and thanking him for being there for them. How about when players rallied for Mooney when the stupid billboard went up? Former players show up to games and continue to support us and our coach. Or, what about the video when Mooney got his 300th win? A whole lot of former players offered their praise for that one. Yet, you get on here and say that kind of stuff "doesn't happen under Mooniocrity". How does Mooney crap on former players, 23? Why not share examples when you make wild statements like this? Why do you think Mooney doesn't love the school? Examples? He will "never" win? Really? Short memory, 23? Wow. What a post.
Also, 23 you seem to have a struck a nerve. The lady doth protests too much, methinks.

I don't remember this. Can you remind me which players graduating from 1979 to 2004 that did this?

On the other hand, I would think past players would be more connected or not connected to the school and not the current coach. And I think that plays into the post about SDSU as well...

I don't remember this. Can you remind me which players graduating from 1979 to 2004 that did this?

On the other hand, I would think past players would be more connected or not connected to the school and not the current coach. And I think that plays into the post about SDSU as well...
Dutcher has been at SD State since 1999.....can you share which SD St players pre 1999 are doing that? Dutcher has done an outstanding job there. Outstanding. 23 often reminds us of this and he is correct, and if you compare this to Mooney, of course he has won more than Mooney, so hard to counter that if you wanted to. Heck, in his 6 years as head coach, he has won more than all but probably just a few coaches. But, why bring up other things like this that are backed up only by "the few people I have talked to"? Just a strange way of attacking there.

Last edited:

I've heard enough. EXTEND MOONEY!

Dutcher has been at SD State since 1999.....can you share which SD St players pre 1999 are doing that? Dutcher has done an outstanding job there. Outstanding. 23 often reminds us of this and he is correct, and if you compare this to Mooney, of course he has won more than Mooney, so hard to counter that if you wanted to. Heck, in his 6 years as head coach, he has won more than all but probably just a few coaches. But, why bring up other things like this that are backed up only by "the few people I have talked to"? Just a strange way of attacking there.
Dutcher hasn't been head coach since 1999. Didn't think about him as assistant coach. Which makes the original tweet weirdly worded.

My point is everybody is wrong...

No players that were at any school before the current coach was there are going to support or not support the athletic department because of the current coach, they are going to do it because of the school...

Now 23 harping on the point that our current administration, athletic department, and coaching staff all say that all prior coaching staffs and all players under them are "mediocre", is on him.

4700, you just love your boy Mooney. I'm a fan of the school and program. But the program has floundered under Mooney's bs. You are squarely on the PQ/Hardt settle for being mediocre train. Back to the sun and fun in Aruba.

LOL. "The few I have spoken with". Oh, okay, that settles it. You must be right then. Guess you haven't spoken with guys like ShawnDre, TJ, or Grant, or a bunch of other past players, or seen their tweets either.
Ok, one more before I battle the sun. Of course those guys love him. They should be pissed he didn't surround them with more talent. But they had their spot guaranteed with little or no competition each year so of course they love him. 0 ncaas for TJ and SDJ, they can thank Mooney for that.

Ok, one more before I battle the sun. Of course those guys love him. They should be pissed he didn't surround them with more talent. But they had their spot guaranteed with little or no competition each year so of course they love him. 0 ncaas for TJ and SDJ, they can thank Mooney for that.
objection ... conjecture.

come on, 23. SDJ had 9 starts until his junior season. even TJ didn't start right away. and both are still playing so I think it's fair to say they earned their time. and they've encountered other coaches to compare yet they still love Mooney.

we did have solid talent around them and competition for time. Kendall Anthony, Kwan Fore, Terry Allen, ANO, Trey Davis ...
and they had 21 and 22 win seasons in their 3 years together. they didn't dance but they had success.

SDJ and TJ, no PF or 2 guard. That was criminal. They can't pass the ball, catch it, shoot it and rebound it for the entire team :).

But what do you expect from a leafy campus.

Dare to dream and have high goals. Come on, we can do it. Join the dreamer crowd 4700 and sman.

• Haha
Reactions: Eight Legger
objection ... conjecture.

come on, 23. SDJ had 9 starts until his junior season. even TJ didn't start right away. and both are still playing so I think it's fair to say they earned their time. and they've encountered other coaches to compare yet they still love Mooney.

we did have solid talent around them and competition for time. Kendall Anthony, Kwan Fore, Terry Allen, ANO, Trey Davis ...
and they had 21 and 22 win seasons in their 3 years together. they didn't dance but they had success.
Key word being they never danced! But oh so much talent there right? But they never danced? Why?

Hit the nail on the head, never been a more accurate statement made. Sadly, there are MANY other really good players (Kendal Anthony, Terry Allen, +) to add to the list.

My comment was tongue in cheek.

Too subtle…

Reactions: spider23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT