ADVERTISEMENT

Former Spider gets the ax!

FrontRoyalSpider

Team Manager
Jun 20, 2011
Bruce Allen. Spider alum out as Redskins GM.

I was in a sociology class with Bruce in the 1974-1975 school year. The prof. was the late Dr. Henry Stewart, one of my favorite teachers!

This post was edited on 1/7 12:08 AM by FrontRoyalSpider

Hate to say it because he's a Spider, but Allen seems completely incompetent as a GM, and possibly as a president. He similarly failed in TB and Oakland, so it probably shouldn't come as a surprise. And his sound bites and press conferences are pretty embarrassing. He said last week that the Redskins had a very good year "off the field." Are you kidding me? What does that even mean?

His Raiders team went to the Super Bowl and lost to the Bucs. Considering the Raiders futility since the 80s and since that season I would consider his run with the Raiders a success.

He is probably better suited as a team president and not the GM.

was he the gm at tampa when they won a super bowl? if so, that along with the oakland appearance in the super bowl are two amazing things though gruden should get most of that credit.

He was at Oakland when they played Tampa Bay in the Super Bowl. He moved to the Bucs a year or two later and they were not nearly as successful anymore. But he had been at Oakland for awhile, and he won the Executive of the Year award the year of that Super Bowl game.

Allen was Gruden's GM at Tampa.Believe Gruden ran the entire show there and probably knows all of Allen's GM shortcomings.They were golfing buddies when I saw them on the links at Avila.Putting that knowledge with his brother and helping the younger bro serve that up to Snyder likely got Allen demoted.Someone had to take the hit for another dismal season.Hasslet was also let go as DC.Redskins are a crap shoot.Vinny Cerrato was no better although he was a real empty suit.Young Head coach Gruden gets a new lease on his career with a reset button as Skins head to the draft.Allen took the fall for continued disfunctionality.

This post was edited on 1/7 8:37 PM by 32counter

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT