ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching News

Odd move for sure. On another note - interesting watching LSU keep getting rejected.

a great example of a pretty remarkable football coach...I believe the Wildcats made the FCS Playoffs 14 years in a row during one stretch of his career,..only thing missing a National Championship...

I think prior to this year you had to go back to the Jim Reid days to find a UR win over his Wildcats...

congrats Coach...

Go Spiders!

Reactions: spider fan
The College Football Playoffs will expand in the numbers of teams.Broadcast deals are going to get richer.Invest now in name coaches for recruiting and exposure with the hope payoffs for future winnings by minimally getting in the playoffs expansion

Any news, rumors on who our OC will be
No news on OC

No news on Early Signees

No news on Feb Signees

No news on new offers or Verbals

No news on home visits

No news on incoming transfers

No news on additional outgoing transfers

No news on nothing

Don’t have a warm puppy feeling.Not convinced that we have a plan.

Last edited:
no sweat as long as we are competing, make the honor roll, and continue with our community spirit. we are UR.

Last edited:
I feel like I’m in a bad marriage with UR athletics. I keep wanting it to work. I keep getting disappointed and hurt. I can’t walk away. At this point I’m staying a fan “just because”. Can anyone give me some better reasons???

Reactions: whampas
32, can you track that delaware jet? I believe if UD has not made a coach's announcement by next weeks end, huntsville tx will have one less resident

32, can you track that delaware jet? I believe if UD has not made a coach's announcement by next weeks end, huntsville tx will have one less resident
With Sammy #1 seed in the playoffs gotta figure no announcement until Sammy last game.

Like you,I think it’s a done deal and Chrissi gonna write an annual check of about $750K

FCS Second-Round Playoff Preview: UIW at Sam Houston and UT Martin at Montana State https://theanalyst.com/na/2021/12/f...t-sam-houston-and-ut-martin-at-montana-state/

Last edited:
now bronco out at u va another football program changing coaches , seems everybody wants wants to win , i am proud to support spider football who knows the true measure of a team is competing , even next year with no starting quarterback , and players leaving our noble athletic director, brought our head coach back , we can all be proud , and with our support we will reach that vaunted and competing six wins. thanks john lol

I know. Next year may be a disaster either way but at least give us some optimism that it could get better. Would love to be excited about a new coach. Thinking of the possibilities. Instead it’s just depressing.

Reactions: spiderhawk111
Brono was in trouble when they lost to Tech

maybe we’ll catch UVA off guard when we play them next season with a new coaching staff

Any of the Tech/UVA asst coaches worth hiring?

now bronco out at u va another football program changing coaches , seems everybody wants wants to win , i am proud to support spider football who knows the true measure of a team is competing , even next year with no starting quarterback , and players leaving our noble athletic director, brought our head coach back , we can all be proud , and with our support we will reach that vaunted and competing six wins. thanks john lol
Bronco says the AD & president asked him to stay when he resigned. Who knows.

Do not believe he was asked to leave. More of a personal issue and leaving of his own volition. At least that is what I get from my Hoo connections.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
Atuaia is Hoo's RB coach. If his boss resigns assume he believes his days are numbered as well. Stand by previous comment. Mendenhall absolutely was not fired.

Bronco Mendenhall is leaving UVA by his own choice. Word is that OC and DC were asked to leave and Bronco said we came here as a family/team and we will leave as a family/team.

Bronco Mendenhall is leaving UVA by his own choice. Word is that OC and DC were asked to leave and Bronco said we came here as a family/team and we will leave as a family/team.
All CEOs when they get fired say that they are leaving to spend more time with their family in order to contemplate their navel and recharge their batteries.It always feels much nicer to the outside world and paints a kinder,more benevolent picture of the employer.Nice feeling and a lot less harsh.Bronco was taking on City Hall when he was told to get rid of his OC and DC.He had lost control as a boss and declined to implement the instructions.Bye bye.
The UVA AD is a relatively new female AD from Georgia.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT