ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte looks like a "Police State"

LKNSPIDER

Assistant Coach
May 7, 2005
City of Charlotte uptown looks like a Police State....a dichotomy of democracy. Can you imagine what Communists countries say when they see hundreds of police marching shoulder to shoulder as they did last night after the convention......probably 100 protesters and 300 police. What an embarrassment to Charlotte and the Democrats!

How is it an embarrassment to Charlotte and Democrats? It's standard operating procedure for conventions and has been for quite awhile.

It will be good to have the election over so the number of unwanted phone calls will decrease.

I heard the protests have been moved to a janitor's closet because of 30% chance of showers tomorrow.

SF....."
How is it an embarrassment to Charlotte and Democrats? It's standard operating procedure for conventions and has been for quite awhile."

Wrong!...Even Jon Stewart's Daily Show ripped Charlotte and Dems for miles of barricades and checkpoints. He compared it to the demilitarized zone between North and south Korea....Calling Charlotte insane.

05...I wasn't in Tampa......can't comment. Charlotte has miles of concrete barriers, trucks across every intersection, platoons of police on each of four corners at Trade and Tryon....center of CLT.....ugly site!

Back to my original comment....can you imagine how these pics of CLT and Tampa play around the world? USA capital of democracy?
This post was edited on 9/6 11:44 AM by LKNSPIDER

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT