ADVERTISEMENT

Boston College

Disregarding my last post not giving much blame to Mooney, still like/want to see change in leadership. Yes TO could have helped during BC 1st half run and likewise with fouling earlier at game's end. Also possibly Noyes in more in 2nd half might have helped.

Though I think no Spider win would have come from it .....

1) BC was 5-18 at point Spiders grabbed the big lead and 6 shots were layup/driving layups that some resembled Quinn's shots last year at times like HTH they didn't go in.
2) Mooney's team didn't just fall apart after big lead vanished. Finished 6-0 for 34-27 lead. Plus remarkably had only 1 TO entire half.
3) Don't think at 1:30 mark down 64-59 foul was a guarantee yes. Get stop (which they did) and quick basket (which they didn't) and down 64-61/62 with with :51 left. Not fouling ASAP at that point was a mistake.
4) Noyes though got 7 minutes in 2nd and just didn't do much.

Spiders just had a subpar shooting night and a BC fan could say the same for their team. BC made 9 more FTs.

Reactions: spiderman
Disregarding my last post not giving much blame to Mooney, still like/want to see change in leadership. Yes TO could have helped during BC 1st half run and likewise with fouling earlier at game's end. Also possibly Noyes in more in 2nd half might have helped.

Though I think no Spider win would have come from it .....

1) BC was 5-18 at point Spiders grabbed the big lead and 6 shots were layup/driving layups that some resembled Quinn's shots last year at times like HTH they didn't go in.
2) Mooney's team didn't just fall apart after big lead vanished. Finished 6-0 for 34-27 lead. Plus remarkably had only 1 TO entire half.
3) Don't think at 1:30 mark down 64-59 foul was a guarantee yes. Get stop (which they did) and quick basket (which they didn't) and down 64-61/62 with with :51 left. Not fouling ASAP at that point was a mistake.
4) Noyes though got 7 minutes in 2nd and just didn't do much.

Spiders just had a subpar shooting night and a BC fan could say the same for their team. BC made 9 more FTs.

It was 34-30 at half. They hit buzzer 3 on broken play. Bit unlucky for us & it was a key shot for the game imo but I agree we also got a bit lucky BC missed a few bunnies at the rim earlier.

Yeah at 64-59 w 1:30 play it out. No issue there. But at same score with I think :47 secs left u take the foul esp just facing 1 & 1. Coaching error 100%.

Quinn and Walz will need to play some defense, with Quinn staying out of foul trouble. I want Walz to use all of his. Mooney won’t have them prepared, so we will depend on the older players to keep us in it early. Make the few free throws we get and rebound as hard as possible. See if their guards can beat us with outside shooting.
Why do you make that statement- Mooney won’t have them prepared …”. Did you make a statement like that when
T.J. Was our big man, or while Golden was? I guess Mother Nature prepared them.

You have an uncanny ability to find anything negative to come up with to throw shade at our program no matter what!
Not that he asked for me to defend him, but there are a LOT of other posters on here that I would put in that category before Spider23.

And what a way to lose. Up 9 late, then Loyola closes out with 14-2 run. Some BC fans must be choking on turkey bones about now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT