ADVERTISEMENT

Best Poster Award

Who is the best poster on the basketball board?

• Urfan1

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Spiderman

• UR80sfan

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • VT4700

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Spiderdad75

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Eight Legger

• SFspidur

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Section9.RowD

• Spider23

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • 8Legs1BadAttitude

• Total voters
Sep 9, 2021
Team,

Given the monotony of the offseason posts, I thought it would be fun if we crown a Top Poster. Criteria is entirely up to your own preferences, but would consider the following:

1 - Highlighting news and recent developments

2 - Providing commentary and analysis of the games, coaches and players

3 - Bringing levity and humor to posts

4 - Showing a willingness to make predictions, and more often than not tends to be right in those predictions

5 - Demonstrating an undeniable love of UR

We will also accept write-in votes if I missed a poster above.

Last edited:
What happened to the poster who would have won most likely to get in fist fight with Dillweed in parking lot of Front Royal convenience store?

I am honored to be mentioned but my support is for SpiderDad with a close and terribly respected vote for SFspidur who is even more timely in finding scoop than I am.

I also strongly believe Long Island Spiders is under appreciated and needs to come down to the RVA and join me in section 9, row d this year for a game since I tend to have 1 more more extra tix.

Reactions: plydogg and SpiderK
No, I did not vote for myself ........................yet :)

I enjoy 97Spiderfans perspective, most notably his game recaps - very good breakdown of what happened, what went right, what went wrong, who performed, who played poorly.
Enjoy Sman's view - often times not the same as mine but gives some good takes.
SF - not bad, not bad.
Section9 gets fan of the year.
Plydogg gets most likely to be the next 23 haha. Just another 25 years or so and he is on pace. He actually is on pace to be much more calm and measured at age 30 than I am at 50 something.
Eight Legger - trooper, lives and dies with it.
SpiderK best FT shooter.
Coach Fezz best accent.
VT4700 - he is growing on me, but two losing seasons in a row and that will cease :)
SpiderDad - Basketball Dad of the year. We live vicariously through you.

I take a peak at a few other boards from time to time, and do find ours to be very good in my biased opinion.

Certainly SF is most informative. Now a couple of my favorites/threads…. luvsbugs smack down of UNI-such passion, confidence and brashness. And more recently waking up early in San Angelo Tx to read Plydogs post NCSU posts before they were deleted. He hit a big 12 year nerve that needed scratching and boy it felt good to read those posters and nod my head YES!

• Haha
Reactions: plydogg
What was the alleged Wainwright family members posting name?
June Aprille was also classic.

I think a better poll is “who defends Spidernation best against outside interlopers from
JMOOOO, RPI and UNI ( worse attacks during 2008 football championship run) “.

Reactions: Ferrum Spider
97Spiderfan had been done a terrible injustice here. He gets my vote.
I mean the poll was generated by a poster who joined the board about 9 months ago. All the time I spend on here procrastinating my real work, arguing with your schmucks, and I can't even get on the list. It's fine, though I'm not bitter. Not bitter at all;) I did vote for Eight and Spider23 each 52 times, so good luck to you both.

I mean the poll was generated by a poster who joined the board about 9 months ago. All the time I spend on here procrastinating my real work, arguing with your schmucks, and I can't even get on the list. It's fine, though I'm not bitter. Not bitter at all;) I did vote for Eight and Spider23 each 52 times, so good luck to you both.
I had you on the short list. My mistake putting 80s on it. I put as many as the system allowed!

Reactions: 97spiderfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT