ADVERTISEMENT

Allen Betrand - 2020 Transfer Target

SFspidur

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 5, 2003
We've expressed interest in Allen Betrand, a 6'5" guard transferring out of Towson. Third-team all-CAA guy who averaged 13.6 points last year as a sophomore, taking on a much more significant role. Shot 44.1% from the field and 38.7% from three, and 88.6% from the line. Not a great A/TO ratio for a guard though.

He'd be a sit-one-play-two transfer, and he's trimmed his list to a pretty solid group of six. Says he'd like to commit on his birthday, which is apparently this Saturday.

https://towsontigers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/allen-betrand/11398

This would be a nice get. I think the assist to turnover ratio may improve in our offense

Like this guy the more I see and read:
1) Strong guard, good athleticism and size
2) College Ready
3) Solid list of suitors
4) Shooter - Sman says: Take the shooter

these look like h.s. all star game highlights, we would be getting a guy more developed:

Reactions: plydogg
Not surprised. Looked at his old tweets and it looked like was a Rhode Island admirer. I guess we will get to see him soon enough. Welcome to the A10.

Last edited:
Was thinking of him the other day. Honestly don't remember him at all at URI. I see year before this one had some very modest stats, was he injured this year, I don't see that he even played anywhere?

Seemed like would have been a good fit on our roster when he was transferring originally, probably not a good choice to go to a guard heavy URI roster with a shot first (Fatts) PG the first time around.

He missed the whole season with a knee injury, so he has two years of eligibility left.

Reactions: spider23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT