ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Pridgen - 2020 Transfer Target

SFspidur

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 5, 2003
We've expressed interest in Joe Pridgen, a 6'5" wing transferring out of Holy Cross. Patriot League Rookie of the Year averaged 17.4 points and 6.8 points last year, both tops on an absolutely terrible team that went 3-29.

Shot a fantastic 55.8% from the field and 42.9% from three (only 28 long-range attempts though), but only 58% from the line. Also turned the ball over quite a bit...in fact, he had a triple double in the last game of the season against Bucknell: 22 points, 10 boards, and 10 turnovers.

He'd be a sit-one-play-three transfer.

https://goholycross.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/joe-pridgen/8817

This guy is my dream get. I see a guy getting 17 points on a team that want 3-29 and expect he shot 30% and jacked up 25 shots a night. But you’re telling me this guy shot 55.8% from the field and 42.9% from three (albeit attempting fewer than one per game). This guy if he chooses us may not succeed (just like any transfer might not) but damn would I love to see what he can do

Pridgen is headed to UNCW.

Man it really seemed like he was going to end up somewhere better than this. Really doesn't feel like much of a step up. UNC-Wilmington has had 3 winning seasons in the last 14 seasons and they were the only 3 season Kevin Keatts was there (he's now coaching NC State).

Man it really seemed like he was going to end up somewhere better than this. Really doesn't feel like much of a step up. UNC-Wilmington has had 3 winning seasons in the last 14 seasons and they were the only 3 season Kevin Keatts was there (he's now coaching NC State).
I agree. Don’t know all the reasons that he transferred, but hope he finds what he was looking for. Transferring isn’t easy and I know from experience.

I guess it will be easier to see how he fares, since he will be at a CAA school.

Reactions: plydogg
at first glance, he stayed in a one bid league and devalued his degree. surprising move. I'm sure he had his reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT