ADVERTISEMENT

Adrio Bailey - The Answer?

Not expert enough to offer a favorite among each that has been offered.In any case,all new individual players will be molded into 'Mooney team system'which hopefully brings in 20 wins per season.

The one I find interesting is Jordan Bruner. He seems like he could be a really talented SF by the time he graduates High School.

That got me thinking other than Newman and Skrocki who was our third best SF over the last 35 years?

I would say Harper played as a "small" forward or 3. Shot well from outside. Didn't rebound or play inside D. Just stood around the peremiter and shot.

I would say Harper played as a "small" forward or 3. Shot well from outside. Didn't rebound or play inside D. Just stood around the peremiter and shot.
Harper was a 4, not a 3. He also pulled down almost 7rpg as a senior, so not sure I would agree on your analysis but would agree he played quite a bit on the perimeTer. We have not had a compelling multi year starter at three in a long time. I like bucknor, he was a solid jr/sr.

I liked Bucknor too. Harper played a little bit of 4 his last year, but didnt do much before that. He may have supposed to have been a 4 but nobody told him. Same reason his NBA career didn't pan out. Nice shooter his senior year though.

Last edited:
K, he played 4, a lot of it. It may not have felt as much beforehand but he had a breakout senior year. Also, our 2-5 are often pretty non-traditional, so a good 3pt shooting 4 may not feel like a PF.

I do find it really interesting that in a perimeter oriented offense we haven't had a really strong 3 in a lonnnnggggg time. Feels like it would appeal to someone, maybe we've just missed on recruiting this spot (AW3)?

And back to the original thread, he moves well for a 6'8" guy. Not many high level offers though, hope he's blooming...

What about Rashid Gaston from Norfolk State, averaged 15 points and 9 boards. Has one year left.
Gaston

He put up some ridiculous numbers this past year. He played almost 30 minutes a game and shot 63% from 2 (190-301), was 30th best in the country in offensive rebounding percentage, 58th in defensive rebounding percentage and 241st in block percentage. He has not taken a single 3 in his college career.

If we get Gaston to come here it would be huge, but I think he is going to end up getting some very high level transfer offers.

Gaston is also going to be a 2 for 1. Sit for a year then play for one year.

Gaston apparently had some A-10 offers when he originally picked NSU. Couldn't find anything that mentioned who those were, but he sure did put up some nice numbers last year (granted mostly against lower-level competition, but still). It is an oddity to see a guy transfer with only one year of eligibility left when he's not a grad transfer, though. That said, we have 5 spots open, so I could see it as an outside possibility. It wouldn't necessarily hold us back in the recruiting department if we thought he could come in and give us a dominant year next year.

On Bailey, a ton of offers close to home (Louisiana/Texas area). We stand out as the only school offering outside that area. Not sure if that gives us an advantage but makes us different.

Gaston apparently had some A-10 offers when he originally picked NSU. Couldn't find anything that mentioned who those were, but he sure did put up some nice numbers last year (granted mostly against lower-level competition, but still). It is an oddity to see a guy transfer with only one year of eligibility left when he's not a grad transfer, though. That said, we have 5 spots open, so I could see it as an outside possibility. It wouldn't necessarily hold us back in the recruiting department if we thought he could come in and give us a dominant year next year.

I know this is old but I just saw that he transferred to Xavier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT