ADVERTISEMENT

A10 Women’s Final - 4pm Sunday versus Rhody

I mean, they can still send us to Blacksburg as a 12 (which some of the bracketologists are doing). It's just that we'd play a 5-seed first before potentially meeting a 4-seed Tech in the second round.

I mean, they can still send us to Blacksburg as a 12 (which some of the bracketologists are doing). It's just that we'd play a 5-seed first before potentially meeting a 4-seed Tech in the second round.
Yes - but at this point, I rather play Tech in the first round. Upsets in the women's tourney in the first rounds are extremely rare because of the huge drop off in talent as you get outside the top 20 teams.

2023 - 4 first round upsets. 11 beat a 6. 10 beat a 7. 12 beat a 5. 9 beat an 8.
2022 - 2 first round upsets. 10 beat a 7. 12 beat a 5.
2021 - 1 first round upset. 13 beat a 4.

Reactions: urfan1
Someone educate me. Is Blacksburg already a guaranteed host site? What if Tech got a 10 seed or something, they still get to play there? (I know they won't, I'm just asking.)

Top 16 host the first two rounds, so Tech needs to be at least a 4 to host.

SF you’re missing the point.

It’s like Michael Scott’s improv class - every scene ends the same way.

Trap will “Yes and…” you to death until you agree UR vs VaTech is how this conversation ends.

Waiting on spiderman for the .gif

Princeton is ranked despite losing to Rhody, who we beat three times, and barely beating Duquesne...all while playing in the terrible Ivy League...

Yeah, they've had us at an 11 for a while now. They're the only one of the major bracketology sites I've been watching that does. Everybody else still has us at a 12.

Hoping this won't happen, but hearing Clemson is looking toward UR after firing their Women's coach. Makes some sense because the Lacrosse coach has been awesome there for them, starting the program from scratch and landing them into Top 20 in their 2nd year after success at Richmond. Spiders great success has to get Rousell on a bunch of lists - - - unfortunately.

I was hoping we'd get another year or two of success before the wolves seriously started coming to the door, but yes, not at all surprising given how all he does is build successful programs.

Hoping this won't happen, but hearing Clemson is looking toward UR after firing their Women's coach. Makes some sense because the Lacrosse coach has been awesome there for them, starting the program from scratch and landing them into Top 20 in their 2nd year after success at Richmond. Spiders great success has to get Rousell on a bunch of lists - - - unfortunately.
Hoping there's truth to his wife saying how much they love Richmond. Have young kids, too. Give him a great package and keep him. He's the real deal.

Saw special connection between he and his players, hopefully he will realize how special it is and how difficult to replicate.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Well you would be tasked with beating your arch rival in another conference. You
would have deep pockets thanks to football revenue and you have national name
recognition. Sounds to me like a very tempting next step.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT