ADVERTISEMENT

$25 million Weinstein gift for academic support center

SFspidur

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 5, 2003
To support a new academic support center in Boatwright....public speaking, writing, peer tutoring, and other resources.

Reactions: urfan1
They are great friends of the University. Salute to their generosity.

Maybe we can hit them up to fund a few more baseball scholarships too. 🤔

They are great friends of the University. Salute to their generosity.

Maybe we can hit them up to fund a few more baseball scholarships too. 🤔
I would like to see a larger investment to pay refs. We obviously are not the highest bidder with some of these guys.

UR's been working with StudioMB out of DC on a renovation project for the library to include an expanded cafe and improved Lora Robins Gallery, but there's no mention of a learning center like the Weinsteins are funding. Wonder if they are going to be separate projects or if they're going to rework things to encompass all of it at once.

Thank you very much.

Boatwright and Canon Chapel are beautiful buildings. I've been told they're nice inside, too. 😁

Love this. Love their generosity.

Still hope they will fund a few more baseball scholarships. There have been star Jewish players through the years. Guess they aren't baseball fans.

Did you know that it’s not necessary to post your thoughts here if you get Mr. Weinstein‘s email.
I was able to tell him directly my thoughts and also let him know how the person running This site
is using censorship

Can confirm, there aren't any deleted posts. Your vitrol is a bit misplaced Annap. Only Fan & I have moderation abilities and neither deleted your posts.

Hilarious if you think Weinstein cares about this site though. 🤣

Reactions: SFspidur
No I doubt that he does. I only hope someone on here is able to forward my message.

Mr.Weinstein, would you be pleased if Germany decided to change the name of Auschwitz
so that horror wasn’t remembered? That’s what our woke President is doing with removing
the name of our law school.

The idiocy of the Progressive left is appalling

Hmmm. Been traveling for a while so way behind on keeping up with the Board which I enjoy a great deal.

Don't want to be partisan, but looked at some stats that floored me. Our President has permitted more illegals to enter our country since election than the combined population of our 10 smallest states. Wrap your head around that. Doesn't seem like a sane policy.

Doesn't have a thing to do with the Weinsteins, but the thought occurred to me while on this thread. I worry about our country. The Chinese could send over their JV and take this place in a week. What has happened to us? We seem more concerned about nonsensical things than maintaining our nation.

Every great realm burns out after a couple 100 years.
The progressive left, and the woefully inadequate right
want your vote, but don’t give two turds for where this
country is headed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT