ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Richmond Spiders Football - Opponents Countdown - Wofford

Bad coaching. Coleman should have been in halfway through the 2nd quarter. Now probably too late, obviously Wofford knows what we have to do.

Reactions: whampas
“There’s always next year” after 2 games into the season. Literally the motto of Richmond atheltics

Reactions: SpiderRick
We need to hire an offensive mind. Russ seems like a very nice man and a solid defensive guy but he is completely reliant on his OC and offensive staff and we have a very inexperienced group on that side of the ball. I’m still not sure what our offensive identity is. Apologies to any of Kyle’s family on this board but he is a FCS Taysom Hill…not a drop back passer. I know we turned things around last year but this is not a good team (or coaching staff) right now.

Nobody should care about anyone’s family on the board. The goal is to win, and Coleman was always our best chance. There are thousands of fans that live or die with Richmond football and its just been a drag since year one with Russ.

Our best QBs in the past decade were Kyle Lauletta and Reece Udinski who were both pro style QB and pass first. We have great receivers this year and should utilize them more. It’s nice to have a QB who can also run if needed but that shouldn’t be the focal point of our offense

it definitely was a surprise Coleman didn’t win the job. Start him next week and see what happens. If he flounders then no big deal and redshirt him. If he looks great, burn the shirt.

Our best QBs in the past decade were Kyle Lauletta and Reece Udinski who were both pro style QB and pass first. We have great receivers this year and should utilize them more. It’s nice to have a QB who can also run if needed but that shouldn’t be the focal point of our offense
I’ll be honest, I watched our WR’s closely at the game and they really weren’t getting open. Obviously Wickersham wasn’t throwing darts but there was a lot of having to tuck and run after the initial read(s) were covered. Nothing dynamic or innovative at all about our offense right now.

Nobody should care about anyone’s family on the board. The goal is to win, and Coleman was always our best chance. There are thousands of fans that live or die with Richmond football and its just been a drag since year one with Russ.
I’ll always care to be respectful…I don’t blame the kid I blame the coaches. As a former player I completely understand the goal. I respectfully disagree with you that there are thousands of fans that live and die with Richmond football. I go to every home game and I don’t see those thousands which is also disappointing. The offensive product is terrible and the Gameday experience has declined every year for the last few years. I do agree with the sentiment of your post. Very fun day in the parking lot today with old friends but the game and the Gameday experience were terrible.

I’ll always care to be respectful…I don’t blame the kid I blame the coaches. As a former player I completely understand the goal. I respectfully disagree with you that there are thousands of fans that live and die with Richmond football. I go to every home game and I don’t see those thousands which is also disappointing. The offensive product is terrible and the Gameday experience has declined every year for the last few years. I do agree with the sentiment of your post. Very fun day in the parking lot today with old friends but the game and the Gameday experience were terrible.
Didn’t feel like a home game at all. I loved city stadium. I will say though I also loved the move to campus. It’s a great stadium for our school. Where did the people go?

Didn’t feel like a home game at all. I loved city stadium. I will say though I also loved the move to campus. It’s a great stadium for our school. Where did the people go?

APATHY. The administration doesn't inspire us. The football doesn't inspire us. There is zero excitement for this program.

I miss Mike London. Mr. Inspiration

With you Rick. I’ve lost interest. This offensive scheme is offensive and boring and wouldn’t hold a candle to Clawson’s or even Rocco’s O. Funny thing is that we have continued to have good receivers. I don’t have a feeling that we will win every game anymore, only how will the coaching staff mess this one up.
Sorry BB, no replacements for a boring losing product.
Even if we bring in a new dynamic coach, (Cosh?) it would take two to three years to recover.

APATHY. The administration doesn't inspire us. The football doesn't inspire us. There is zero excitement for this program.

I miss Mike London. Mr. Inspiration
I think this board should show everyone how apathetic fan support is these days. This used to be almost as lively as the basketball board but now it’s not used much anymore except to complain about a season ending loss.

The moribund offense is on Huesman. We have a good offensive coordinator, in Winston October. He has high level experience experience as a coach and player in the CFL. Huesman picked Wickersham, because he likes a bruising, running QB.

Remember that Jacob Huesman is the QB coach and passing game coordinator.

Wofford loaded the box yesterday and forced Wickersham to throw the ball. We never recovered.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT