ADVERTISEMENT

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

there's a lot of football to be played by the Spiders and Indians between now and November 23, but wouldn't it be something if this game had CAA Championship implications for the third year in a row?...obviously things have to go well for both squads, but playing almost identical CAA schedules it could happen again!

I need to get the name of this rivalry straight...it's been played 134 times according to the UR Football Record Book...the Spiders retook the all time lead with last year's dramatic win...UR now leads 65-64-5...most publications call it "The Oldest Rivalry in the South", but I believe even non UVA fans acknowledge that the Cavs played UNC before our series with the Indians began in 1898...there is no question that the series is the "Most Played Rivalry in the South"...we've played the Indians 134 times...Virginia has played North Carolina a measly 128 times...UR v. W&M is the 4th most played rivalry in D-1 football...

Coach London believes the Tribe are ready to bounce back from last year's disappointing season...he's especially optimistic about his offense...they return nine starters, three of which were voted All CAA Preseason...included are star RB Bronson Yoder who leads a set of players at the skilled positions that London says are the best since he arrived on The Reservation! QB Darius Wilson also returns for his 4th season as a starter...the Indians will have to fill some big holes on the defensive side with less experienced players and newcomers...

with William and Mary picked to finish 4th and the Spiders 2nd this could be another classic battle perfect for this historic rivalry...what could be better than a late November afternoon at The Brick House as the CAA era of Richmond football comes to a close!

once again this season it's been my pleasure to put together the Opponents Countdown, but I'm sure glad it's over...it's time for some real football...I'm hopeful and optimistic that Spiders fans are going to have a lot to enjoy in the next 13 weeks...get your UR mojo going and support the program any way you can!

enjoy the Countdown!

Go Spiders!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT