ADVERTISEMENT

OT: When NIL goes wrong

if we're recruiting against the Patriot League, we'll probably win.
if we're recruiting against the ACC we'll probably lose.
just like it was before NIL.
The issue is with retaining players. Before NIL, we had a strong chance of keeping players because they seemed to love Richmond and Mooney. We had a better shot with transfers IN than OUT. We weren't big on either, but we rarely lost a player unless he was unsuccessful here.

NIL is a big hit to the pride of the school. I assume that's why a lot of us are here - pride in our school! When players take no loyalty to the school, it diminishes it. I want our kids to want to be Spiders!

I'll take it a step further...my love for the Spiders way out ways my joy of the game of basketball, which I do like. I would tune in to cheer on our Spiders for a game of pick-up sticks if it were a thing! I appreciated the student I ran into at the Wichita State game who was very proud of his school's National Championships in bowling.

Kirby Mooney - 2024 Name to Watch

depends on the player, but even pre-Fosbury high jumpers took off from one foot.
no problem with Mooney being a 2 footer. I'd think if you can jump then you should also be ok laterally but that's a guess.
agree with 23 that he's probably not seen due to the level, but I'm not sure how many kids are really seen in season anyway. AAU is what matters, playing in gyms with a top of other high level players.

Login to view embedded media

Like the video. Those are Olympians, the elite. idk much about high jump but I think the physics of momentum and how u contort your body basically requires going off 1 foot regardless. Overall I think the jump athletes can go off 1 foot as well if not better, there is an advantage to 1. Usually going off 2 indicates a little less jump athleticism imo. For the non elite 2 may be required, but not for all.

For me in hoops I was a 2 foot guy but not like it really mattered. Half court player. My coach had me guard Duane Simpkins in hs. DeMatha/Maryland, now hc at AU. I thought to myself, Coach are we trying to lose?
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT