ADVERTISEMENT

Why do we keep Mooney?

Our assistant coaches are outstanding! With the exception of Rob Jones, neither Kim Lewis (Assistant Coach 2 years) nor Marcus Jenkins (Assistant Coach for 1 year) have been with the program very long. Note that the upswing in recruiting coincides with their tenure on the Spider staff as Assistant Coaches. The Ulla is extremely happy to have both of them and proud of their recruiting success. OSC

Our assistant coaches are outstanding! With the exception of Rob Jones, neither Kim Lewis (Assistant Coach 2 years) nor Marcus Jenkins (Assistant Coach for 1 year) have been with the program very long. Note that the upswing in recruiting coincides with their tenure on the Spider staff as Assistant Coaches. The Ulla is extremely happy to have both of them and proud of their recruiting success. OSC
Ulla, I do like the attention to local talent we have shown in the next two classes. May help with attendance some, and raise the overall interest in UR basketball in Virginia and with local media.

If Gill does anything he should go find us a stellar bench coach and add him to Mooneys staff.
Someone NOT from CMs past associations.

Agree. That TA foul play as previous one at NIowa tells me the team needs one bench coach that aren't statues or yes men. Like everything about CM expect as an in-game strategist. One quality coach would do the trick. CM can't do it all by himself.

Last edited:
^^^^^ That was Kevin before he went to Campbell. Never saw the mental errors when he was here that we are seeing lately. For example, we almost had the six man on the court thing again last night.

^^^^^ That was Kevin before he went to Campbell. Never saw the mental errors when he was here that we are seeing lately. For example, we almost had the six man on the court thing again last night.
yep, i saw it as well---good thing officials counted and sent one of our guys to the bench

Agree. That TA foul play as previous one at NIowa tells me the team needs one bench coach that aren't statues or yes men. Like everything about CM expect as an in-game strategist. One quality coach would do the trick. CM can't do it all by himself.

It amazes me that there are so many assistant coaches, grad assistants and operations guys. I think VCU had like 8-9 people in suits - so many that they had to bring some of their own chairs with them! I remember the old days when there were maybe 2 or 3 other guys in suits. With all of these extra suits on the bench, you would think the players were stellar and knew everything. Sadly, they aren't.

yep, i saw it as well---good thing officials counted and sent one of our guys to the bench

Yes, we did have 6 men on the court BUT only because the outgoing player did not hear the incoming player or anyone call for him to be out. And as CM explained, it is the official job to count before putting the ball in play.

Reactions: Ulla1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT