ADVERTISEMENT

We tout academic excellence but PR/Marketing group doesn’t know how to spell or take decent pics-Yikes

The NIL will create an entirely new business sector with great opportunities for student-non athlete undergraduates.Agreed there should be an NIL
business major at Robins biz school which could include business contract law.It will be a new field of endeavor with a huge upside trajectory.
We have a billionaire megadonor that's head of the board who loves to flaunt his wealth and have access. Can he just put a ton of money in a player pool like Miami is doing along with some of our other wealthy alums?

I’ve been hounding people of our obvious inadequacies in the field of creative PR.
Maybe someone will be hired in the short term to rectify this obvious shortfall.

Assistant Director of Creative Services - 501850

SUMMARY:

The Assistant Director of Creative Services is responsible for executing design/creative strategies for the athletics department including managing brand consistency across all marketing campaigns, graphic design, multimedia content, social media outlets, and marketing web pages. This position is also responsible for graphic design and content creation elements needed for the athletics marketing department’s video board elements, posters, schedule cards, and other projects as assigned. The Assistant Director of Creative Services will also create and manage the day-to-day interactions for Spider Athletics main social media accounts.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

• Perform all graphic design concepts and creative content for the athletics marketing department.
  • Oversee and execute creative strategies of social media marketing campaigns for the athletics marketing department.
  • Serve as the primary content creator and publisher for the department-wide social media profiles to include Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, SnapChat and other emerging social media platforms
  • Maintain and update marketing web pages on RichmondSpiders.com to accurately display the latest information and offerings for tickets, promotions, and Kids Club
  • Execute marketing automation services in conjunction with department’s Paciolan product to effectively maximize resources available to promote Richmond athletics and sell tickets to revenue-producing athletic events
  • Utilize analytics tools to monitor performance and fan behavior on social media and email marketing channels.
  • Provide strategic input into the athletics marketing department’s strategy to develop fan affinity and sell tickets to revenue-producing athletic events
  • Assist the Athletic Public Relations department with requested design projects for official athletics website and graphic elements
QUALIFICATIONS:

• A thorough knowledge and understanding of graphic design using the Adobe Creative Suite is required.
  • Demonstrated proficiency with social media platforms and their on-going development.
  • Business acumen with understanding of how job responsibilities advance departmental goals.
  • General creative thinking and idea generation skills
  • Strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to perform accurate detail-oriented work, the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population and strong interpersonal skills are required.
  • Experience working with an e-mail marketing platform is preferred but not required. On-the-job training will be provided for using the Paciolan/Adobe platform.
  • Adherence to all applicable NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and regulations is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:

• Bachelor’s degree required
  • Individual must provide sample portfolio of work in graphic design and social media experience
  • Experience working in college athletics preferred
WORK HOURS:

• Full-time, exempt position
  • Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
  • Some nights & weekends
ABOUT UR:

At the University of Richmond, we’re creative, inclusive, and determined. We’re Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There’s only one place like Richmond.

UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity.

Last edited:
This has to be some type of joke.Is this the Gill fail-up syndrome?Maybe this will get him the ADof Sweet Briar when it becomes available

I’ve been hounding people of our obvious inadequacies in the field of creative PR.
Maybe someone will be hired in the short term to rectify this obvious shortfall.

Assistant Director of Creative Services - 501850

SUMMARY:

The Assistant Director of Creative Services is responsible for executing design/creative strategies for the athletics department including managing brand consistency across all marketing campaigns, graphic design, multimedia content, social media outlets, and marketing web pages. This position is also responsible for graphic design and content creation elements needed for the athletics marketing department’s video board elements, posters, schedule cards, and other projects as assigned. The Assistant Director of Creative Services will also create and manage the day-to-day interactions for Spider Athletics main social media accounts.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

• Perform all graphic design concepts and creative content for the athletics marketing department.
  • Oversee and execute creative strategies of social media marketing campaigns for the athletics marketing department.
  • Serve as the primary content creator and publisher for the department-wide social media profiles to include Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, SnapChat and other emerging social media platforms
  • Maintain and update marketing web pages on RichmondSpiders.com to accurately display the latest information and offerings for tickets, promotions, and Kids Club
  • Execute marketing automation services in conjunction with department’s Paciolan product to effectively maximize resources available to promote Richmond athletics and sell tickets to revenue-producing athletic events
  • Utilize analytics tools to monitor performance and fan behavior on social media and email marketing channels.
  • Provide strategic input into the athletics marketing department’s strategy to develop fan affinity and sell tickets to revenue-producing athletic events
  • Assist the Athletic Public Relations department with requested design projects for official athletics website and graphic elements
QUALIFICATIONS:

• A thorough knowledge and understanding of graphic design using the Adobe Creative Suite is required.
  • Demonstrated proficiency with social media platforms and their on-going development.
  • Business acumen with understanding of how job responsibilities advance departmental goals.
  • General creative thinking and idea generation skills
  • Strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to perform accurate detail-oriented work, the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population and strong interpersonal skills are required.
  • Experience working with an e-mail marketing platform is preferred but not required. On-the-job training will be provided for using the Paciolan/Adobe platform.
  • Adherence to all applicable NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and regulations is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:

• Bachelor’s degree required
  • Individual must provide sample portfolio of work in graphic design and social media experience
  • Experience working in college athletics preferred
WORK HOURS:

• Full-time, exempt position
  • Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
  • Some nights & weekends
ABOUT UR:

At the University of Richmond, we’re creative, inclusive, and determined. We’re Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There’s only one place like Richmond.

UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity.
This is all under marketing. Not PR. I know we like to bash the PR staff but 75% of what we complain about comes out of the marketing office and that is stricktly under the thumb of someone who has been at UR wayyyy too long... and that’s why there is no creativity...

This has to be some type of joke.Is this the Gill fail-up syndrome?Maybe this will get him the ADof Sweet Briar when it becomes available

Wow. Bashing a guy who’s wife is going through her third or fourth round of chemo during a pandemic in a year that was unlike any other in college athletics... not sure how I feel about that.

This is all under marketing. Not PR. I know we like to bash the PR staff but 75% of what we complain about comes out of the marketing office and that is stricktly under the thumb of someone who has been at UR wayyyy too long... and that’s why there is no creativity...
Is that why Halle left? I’m not buying your thesis.Maybe the Head of Cheerleading Cynthia McMillan is the reason why Marketing along with PR group stink.Embarrassing.

Bring back someone like Scott Day and his crew,No more amateurish nonsense,

Wow. Bashing a guy who’s wife is going through her third or fourth round of chemo during a pandemic in a year that was unlike any other in college athletics... not sure how I feel about that.

Leadership creates a strong bench.Both are obviously inadequate and should be overhauled.
Otherwise we will continue to kid ourselves about the strength of the product.No excuses.

Is that why Halle left? I’m not buying your thesis.Maybe the Head of Cheerleading Cynthia McMillan is the reason why Marketing along with PR group stink.Embarrassing.

Bring back someone like Scott Day and his crew,No more amateurish nonsense,
The AD who has been 2nd in charge since Miller has run off 6-7 in the marketing department. One went to be the head at Vcu, now Georgetown. Another who is the head of marketing at JMU. Not to mention the former ticket manager who is now AD for external at VCU. I’m sure there’s more too.

At this point, Hardt 'owns' the whole thing. Seeing proud alumni like J Coleman leave for the Art Museum and C Center throw in the towel without having her next job lined up would seem to be horrible signs for the overall morale within the department.

As mentioned above, it is beyond tragic and sad the people that we have had within our department over the years in various positions that have either left or been runoff that have gone on to be very successful…and then who has stayed. Clearly not a well run department. I’d say it actually is a broader issue across the university from what I’ve seen that it takes a special person (and we have a lot of those) that is succeeding despite the powers that be. The administration has been so bad for so long…but nothing happens. Maybe if the Board would pay attention rather than quibble over naming rights. It’s so hard because so many of us care that we don’t let this fail…but it’s so damned hard trying to make sure it doesn’t. Eventually though…people will realize that rather than keep banging their head against the wall at UR that other organizations will appreciate the efforts. I hope there are changes but fear in time even the die-hard supporters will quit covering up the mistakes.

From what I hear, Hardt is even more invisible at UR than Gill was, and Gill lived in DC.

I think the broader university administration has generally done a good job running things, but for whatever reason, athletics is a rudderless ship and they haven’t been willing or able to get people with “vision” in place.

Reactions: 32counter
From what I hear, Hardt is even more invisible at UR than Gill was, and Gill lived in DC.

I think the broader university administration has generally done a good job running things, but for whatever reason, athletics is a rudderless ship and they haven’t been willing or able to get people with “vision” in place.

The broader admin did allow a no compete fake hiring process with the AD tho. I've contested from the start it was essentially a golden parachute type gig and that the pretentiousness was off the charts with this one. Only have to listen to the "Regatta" speak once to recognize. And sounds like many staff tired of it all. Strange when there are are a couple good UR alum ADs out there.

Colton and Wicklund are Hardt’s eyes and ears and decision makers in his absence which is quite frequent.2 newbie loyalists running RC.A joke.A farce.

The job titles and profiles on the website are something.

Jim Miller,unquestionably.Since he left,we’ve had 2 flunky ADs.
It’s a shame he had to fall on the sword for Ayers when they killed men’s soccer and men’s track and field.
It’s now Bucknell south in the department. And with Jasmon’s position up for grabs there may be more coming.

The job titles and profiles on the website are something.

The non-coaching overhead of RC should be throughly evaluated.It’s a total department budget north of $30M.It’s greater than 15% of the University’s budget.

The Cornell Economist new Prez should read through this non functioning RC nonsense in 5 minutes.

The 1st question he should ask Hardt is “Name all the coaches that work for our Intercollegiate teams”.He never talks to 98% of the coaches.

2nd Question”What do you do directly to raise money for the university excluding talks with Queally.?Name the top 25 donors to UR Athletics and how often do you meet them?”

3rd Question “What does the PR and Marketing group do in order to raise awareness of team production and greater contributions to UR.

There are many others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mo 2.0
Jim Miller,unquestionably.Since he left,we’ve had 2 flunky ADs.
I agree about Gill, I’m still supportive of Hardt at this point. I also remember a lot of
negativity around Miller. Far too accepting of Cooper (was that his name?).
Its not the job for the faint of heart. LOL

Not sure Miller was "accepting" of Cooper. I think he knew how to "use" him until Cooper realized he was being used

Reactions: 32counter
Count the errors in our latest release about academic honor roll achievements...

"placed s program-record"
"participated in a CAA Football,"
"Earning the Commissioner's Academic Honor Roll for the spring semester includes"

Reactions: ur2K
Count the errors in our latest release about academic honor roll achievements...

"placed s program-record"
"participated in a CAA Football,"
"Earning the Commissioner's Academic Honor Roll for the spring semester includes"

Never saw a badly written press release from VCU.No misspelling,no improper syntax,no incorrect possessives,no badly written compound sentences,proper sentence structure..And we point our noses up at these folks.It’s all about leadership.They have a real AD who demands a higher level of product across the board from admin to coaches and is actually aware as to what goes on within his organization.

If you try to log in ,the system is down for maintenance.I thought this was a joke.It’s not a joke.It’s almost comical but rather sad and reflects an underlying amateurism inside RC.Bureaucrats with baggage running our intercollegiate athletics program.
SEASON TICKET HOLDER HOME AND AWAY SINGLE GAME PRESALE BEGINS TODAY​

Beginning today, all Spider football season ticket holders have the first opportunity to purchase additional single game tickets for both home and away games before they go on sale to the general public on August 9. This is the best way to purchase additional tickets to bring your friends and family to all games, including JMU!
SPIDER BREWS • Season ticket holder Spider Brews add-ons will also be available as part of your exclusive presale today! Spider Brews pregame events are September 4 for the home opener vs. Howard and again on November 6 for Homecoming vs. Towson.

Tickets are also available today for our contest against Virginia Tech at Lane Stadium. There is a limited supply through the Spider Ticket Office, so make sure to call 1-877-SPIDER-1 or log into your account using your account number and pin provided during the season ticket renewal process. If you have previously activated your account, you are able to login using your account email and password you created.​

Credit where credit's due...the Punch-Out themed basketball schedule announcement was awesome.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT