ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler entering portal

Couple more Philly-based writers indicating Villanova is the front-runner to land Tyler. Seems like he won't wait long to commit if he does withdraw from the draft before 11:59pm ET tomorrow night.

Possibly one that can concentrate more on basketball without going to class/studying as much. ;)

That’s what scares me with Nelson, full basketball potential might come forth.
Exactly, no concern with academics at all. Will never sniff a class, test or paper. Go Rams!!

Good luck to Tyler and added rooting for him going to a team I always respected under Wright. Don't know much about Neptune but I surmise Jay will be around some practices. Nova has to help Tyler with his NBA aspirations. A poster here (who please?) mentioned Nova as a spot and at that time did look up that competition at the SF spot could come from the Terp transfer Hart. That why was not sure he would want to go there? Appears where I went they are the only two on roster listed as a SF?

From article .....
Neptune has picked up not one, but two starters in Washington State transfer TJ Bamba and Maryland transfer Hakim Hart. In Bamba, the Wildcats are getting a 6-5 guard from New York who averaged 15.8 PPG as a junior, hitting multiple 3s in nine of his final 10 games. He should step right in and join fifth-year senior Justin Moore to headline the Villanova backcourt.

Meanwhile, Hart enters his fifth season of college basketball, bringing a wealth of experience. At 6-8, he can cause matchup issues alongside Eric Dixon in Villanova's frontcourt and will start at the 4 for the Wildcats. Hart was a key part of a Maryland team that surprised many in the Big Ten, averaging 11.4 points on 48% from the field, along with close to three assists per game. The next step for Hart would be his perimeter shot and building on his rebounding figures. Hart only shot 33% from beyond the arc this past season, a mark he's sat at the last three years.

For a Wildcats team that is hoping for continued growth from likely starting guard Mark Armstrong, as well as Jordan Longino and Brendan Hausen, among others, there was a clear need for some starting caliber talent to join Moore and Dixon. Villanova has gotten that, and there's a good chance Neptune isn't done yet. ;)

Just my info researched says not as good of outside shooter or rebounder as Tyler but Hart better defensively. Maybe wishful thinking but Tyler might really shine with a better group around him like he did previous season as Spider. I know we gave him some criticism at times last year but felt for him having to bail out team too often on offense when no one else could make a basket.

VCU hasn't won an NCAA tourney game since 2016. It's fine if you would choose that route, but some might say they would rather win a tourney game and advance to the round of 32 than just get there a few times. I bet all of our guys on the 2022 team would not trade places with the VCU guys.
So we’ve won 1 more game in NCAA Tournament than VCU since 2016. That’s not a whole lot more to use as bragging rights. And while VCU makes the tourney multiple times since 2016, we’ve been once. You really have a convoluted way of using numbers and dates to support a long term .55 pct program under Mooney and a program 8-25 head to head vs VCU.

I would be curious where we rank in total cumulative wins the last 15 seasons among the 350+ D1 teams.

81st with 290 wins vs. 208 losses.

Interesting, does that include the 2008-2009 season?
Seems better than some would expect, but possibly less meaningful as well.

So we’ve won 1 more game in NCAA Tournament than VCU since 2016. That’s not a whole lot more to use as bragging rights. And while VCU makes the tourney multiple times since 2016, we’ve been once. You really have a convoluted way of using numbers and dates to support a long term .55 pct program under Mooney and a program 8-25 head to head vs VCU.
Nope. Was simply responding to 97's post. And, funny you talk about me using numbers when you just did the same, and I don't think recruits give a crap about what happened as far back as 2006, when they were maybe 1 year old.

Nope. Was simply responding to 97's post. And, funny you talk about me using numbers when you just did the same, and I don't think recruits give a crap about what happened as far back as 2006, when they were maybe 1 year old.
Wrong. For the benefit of fellow posters, I was filling in the blanks and adding context to your partial narrative.

For context, see what another poster stated in post 75.

Good luck to Tyler and added rooting for him going to a team I always respected under Wright. Don't know much about Neptune but I surmise Jay will be around some practices. Nova has to help Tyler with his NBA aspirations. A poster here (who please?) mentioned Nova as a spot and at that time did look up that competition at the SF spot could come from the Terp transfer Hart. That why was not sure he would want to go there? Appears where I went they are the only two on roster listed as a SF?

From article .....
Neptune has picked up not one, but two starters in Washington State transfer TJ Bamba and Maryland transfer Hakim Hart. In Bamba, the Wildcats are getting a 6-5 guard from New York who averaged 15.8 PPG as a junior, hitting multiple 3s in nine of his final 10 games. He should step right in and join fifth-year senior Justin Moore to headline the Villanova backcourt.

Meanwhile, Hart enters his fifth season of college basketball, bringing a wealth of experience. At 6-8, he can cause matchup issues alongside Eric Dixon in Villanova's frontcourt and will start at the 4 for the Wildcats. Hart was a key part of a Maryland team that surprised many in the Big Ten, averaging 11.4 points on 48% from the field, along with close to three assists per game. The next step for Hart would be his perimeter shot and building on his rebounding figures. Hart only shot 33% from beyond the arc this past season, a mark he's sat at the last three years.

For a Wildcats team that is hoping for continued growth from likely starting guard Mark Armstrong, as well as Jordan Longino and Brendan Hausen, among others, there was a clear need for some starting caliber talent to join Moore and Dixon. Villanova has gotten that, and there's a good chance Neptune isn't done yet. ;)

Just my info researched says not as good of outside shooter or rebounder as Tyler but Hart better defensively. Maybe wishful thinking but Tyler might really shine with a better group around him like he did previous season as Spider. I know we gave him some criticism at times last year but felt for him having to bail out team too often on offense when no one else could make a basket.

I think u r referring to my Villanova call from Friday post #56. But I cheated I had some inside info from the Main Line.

Wrong. For the benefit of fellow posters, I was filling in the blanks and adding context to your partial narrative.

For context, see what another poster stated in post 75.
Whatever. My reply to 97 was not even 1% combative. I even said "it's fine if you would choose that route" to him.

Not sure how accurate this is
Wow short ride from the Nova campus. I believe the 76ers have no draft picks. We see how the Heat have had success with plenty of undrafted players on the roster.

If Harden (please go away) doesn’t re-sign with the Sixers, believe they only have 12 million in cab space. If not Tyler financially looking they have to add somebody that way so probably bringing in a lot of players not expected to get drafted.

So, in the top 25% nationwide. Must be lots of coaches winning less than 55% of their games. ;)
That is the mindset of our AD, top donor and admin too. Top 100 banners galore!!!!! Yay!!!

And that is OK that you are in the same boat. I am just one of the 15-20 posters that think we can be better. But its going to take awhile for the current admin to time out and then figure out NIL etc so this is our ceiling for now.

But Lamon Butler is back baby!!

Hey that’s a 58% win % over 15 years, raise the banner for those annual 17.5 wins!
I expected this to look worse... but 1 game ahead of Temple & SLU is not as horrible as it seems. Just many teams in the forgotten middle...

I think this is anyone who spent a season in the A10 (Avg last 15 seasons)

TeamWinLoss
VCU24.479.80
Xavier22.8711.00
Dayton22.4710.73
Butler21.1312.33
Davidson20.6711.40
Richmond19.3313.87
Temple19.2712.47
Saint Louis19.2713.27
St Bonavent18.2712.73
Loyola-Chi17.8014.60
Rhode Island17.4714.53
Geo Mason17.4014.67
U Mass15.4015.67
Geo Wshgtn15.2716.00
Duquesne14.8715.87
St Josephs14.7316.87
La Salle14.6016.67
Charlotte14.0016.67
Fordham10.1319.33

Nova is a great landing spot for Tyler. That program sends lots of really good players to the NBA, he will be closer to home and while I know they were down next year, he is in all likelihood looking at playing meaningful March ball.

As a Philly pro sports fan, I can also get behind rooting for the Wildcats next year too.

Nova is a great landing spot for Tyler. That program sends lots of really good players to the NBA, he will be closer to home and while I know they were down next year, he is in all likelihood looking at playing meaningful March ball.

As a Philly pro sports fan, I can also get behind rooting for the Wildcats next year too.
I am with you, great spot for Tyler. I hate the city of Philadelphia, but Nova is a real school.

That is the mindset of our AD, top donor and admin too. Top 100 banners galore!!!!! Yay!!!

And that is OK that you are in the same boat. I am just one of the 15-20 posters that think we can be better. But its going to take awhile for the current admin to time out and then figure out NIL etc so this is our ceiling for now.

But Lamon Butler is back baby!!
You're making a big leap there to assume I'm satisfied or in the same boat with the pro-Mooney crowd.

All I said was, he's in the top 25%. So if 75% are below him there are a lot of coaches not winning 58% of their games. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I too believe we can do better.

Reactions: spider23
You're making a big leap there to assume I'm satisfied or in the same boat with the pro-Mooney crowd.

All I said was, he's in the top 25%. So if 75% are below him there are a lot of coaches not winning 58% of their games. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I too believe we can do better.
This statement is not entirely accurate. It just means that there are that percentage programs not winning at that clip over the same time period. Not coaches. A single bad coach for 4 years can torpedo a program below us in these rankings. 80th is where I’d expect UR. We know what we have, pretty much not in bubble mix most years, borderline NIT. Roughly 80th with varied spikes and valleys. We just want better.

I have to admit, kind of jealous of Tyler. He gets to leave this morass of a program and start anew. Meanwhile, us fans are stuck in purgatory of Mooney mediocracy. It is a bad, unfun, predictable ride, I'd like the opportunity for a new start sometime in my lifetime.

Tyler giving JOC the Aaron Rodgers to Adam Schefter treatment. You hate to see it.

336274966-1221089585438726-8483669906429322029-n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT