ADVERTISEMENT

Tickets

Maybe the athletic department can put a ban on signs next year if you're not sitting in the standing student section. If you bring a sign, you're out. Last night had a big problem with signs from VCU fans and UR fans getting into it with those VCU fans.

Also, maybe they could put in some sort of reprimand to those who sell or give away their tickets to someone, and that person gets tossed or causes problems in the arena. They might already have this in place, but if not, it would definitely cause some vetting of fans.

I thought the VCU game was excluded from the 4-packs already.
The VCU game was included this season in the 4-mini pack, which is a problem. Needs to be removed, since the price for that is probably within reason for a Ram fan to buy and then just sell the other game tickets. ONLY if you buy season tickets should you be able to buy individual tickets for this game. But overall, just remember that this board's push to allow us to buy up the extra tickets for that game has kept the % of VCU fans down to about 20% versus the 50%+ we experienced in the past. I'll certainly lend my voice to stopping the offering this game ticket to anyone who buys a 4-pack or possibly has bought tickets in the past. All of you should do the same. Just have to be sure that you buy them up or we're back to square one with tickets selling to general public. Other big issue we have in RC are corporate-sponsored seats that aren't filled at a lot of our games and then they give seats for this game to VCU fans; not a lot we can do about that, but for those sponsors who don't regularly fill their seats all season (and they have the system to check it), then they need to move them out of premium seats and at least then gold shirts wouldn't be in the same rows with season ticket holders. Just a few thoughts . . .

I talked to VCUPav before the game... Mentioned that there was a lot of yellow in the stands.... He seemed happy about that, obviously, stating,

"The presale ticket code from the UR ticket office that was sent to season ticket holders for VCU tickets was an easy one to crack. Once it was discovered we all shared it with each other."

I would guess that this game was included in the 4 game pack after our season ticket holders didn't buy enough during the exclusive window.

We win more, more people care and buy tickets = less yellow in the building

Am I the only one that is more concerned with the product on the court as opposed to what color shirts are in the crowd?

Feel like we're wasting a lot of time worrying about VCU fans. If we actually won some games I wouldn't care if they attended.
In fact, if we win, I want a bunch of them to properly serande them.

Not much you can do they will always find tickets to our home game. Know several sheep that buy season here tickets just so they can buy those tickets and in excess too.

Also just my opinion backed up with no facts but I think having a football team in the fall distracts our fans from getting tickets to these games early. Meanwhile on broad street they are focusing solely on hoops.

What bugs me more is that lack of support we show going to play them at Costco...Never seen more then 100 or so at the game since the f4 and that's including the team/staff.

Not much you can do they will always find tickets to our home game. Know several sheep that buy season here tickets just so they can buy those tickets and in excess too.

Also just my opinion backed up with no facts but I think having a football team in the fall distracts our fans from getting tickets to these games early. Meanwhile on broad street they are focusing solely on hoops.

What bugs me more is that lack of support we show going to play them at Costco...Never seen more then 100 or so at the game since the f4 and that's including the team/staff.
Since VCU home games sellout it probably is difficult for fans of the visiting school to get tickets. Unlike CAAFootball, the A10 does not have the policy requiring conference schools to set aside 1000 tickets for the visiting school. Also UR fans are reluctant to go into Costco where they will be harrassed, bullied, and cursed.

Idk about y'all but I love going into the visiting teams stadium. Also love sitting in the middle of their fans, causing havoc and rage among their fans. I can think of plenty of road UR games I've gone to and had a blast, particularly at jmu and William and Mary who I consider our second home in football. I've been to jmu, the reservation, Towson, nova, UD, UVA, and VMI for football road games and I've had a blast at each one.

Idk about y'all but I love going into the visiting teams stadium. Also love sitting in the middle of their fans, causing havoc and rage among their fans. I can think of plenty of road UR games I've gone to and had a blast, particularly at jmu and William and Mary who I consider our second home in football. I've been to jmu, the reservation, Towson, nova, UD, UVA, and VMI for football road games and I've had a blast at each one.
Depending on the opposing fan base, in some places, like JMU & VCU, you have to be careful or else you might encounter a knuckle sandwich!

Most seem to think at least 20% ram fans fri. nite. In our 7,300 arena, that's 1500 or so. I thought less than 1k were there. They are just loud & many pretty obnoxious. Think we have done decent job keeping their numbers down past couple of years.
I would agree. The last time I remember a crazy amount of their fans at our place was in 2008, so KA's sophomore year. There were definitely more vcu fans than our fans in the RC that year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT