ADVERTISEMENT

Spider Student Spirit Does Exist

MidloTrader

Team Manager
Mar 13, 2010
Thanks, David (Class of 2018) for showing us that Spider Spirit among our students does exist. Thanks for leading the way and I hope you and your fellow students will show next season as well. You're the best promoters of these events. Don't forget there are games still to be played on campus this year - LAX, baseball, etc. And good luck on your upcoming exams! Here's an excerpt from the student online diary to the future Class of 2019:
robins-center-athletics.jpg
[/B]
Spider spirit in action: the basketball team stormed the student section to celebrate an exceptional 76-70 OT win against Arizona State in the NIT Tournament. And, yes, that's me circled in the red!
Richmond is the only school in NCAA athletics with the audacity to call itself the Spiders. And, if you think that's audacious, consider the boldness associated with putting that distinct red Spider at midcourt of the Robins Center and in centerfield at Pitt Field. How about bringing in a live tarantula, "Tarrant," as a special guest to basketball games. You see, us Spiders are ones for embracing our singularity and turning it into something special. Spider spirit is about community and rallying around that unique logo. It's about thousands of fellow eight legged friends all standing shoulder to shoulder in the Robins Center as we deafeningly cheer on our Spider student-athletes. It's about the Spider basketball team storming the stands to celebrate a hard fought NIT Tournament win with fellow classmates. Spider spirit is about community; it's about excellence; it's about being united as One Richmond.

Love our students! Let's keep it up. Believe me that you will be happy you did. Roll Spide!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT