ADVERTISEMENT

SBU 2

I-M-UR

Graduate Assistant
Mar 10, 2006
If Mooney had a brain he’d be starting non starters, give the starters a rest. They’ll need it to go through 4 games. And the bench could use the experience. Won’t happen

If Mooney had a brain he’d be starting non starters, give the starters a rest. They’ll need it to go through 4 games. And the bench could use the experience. Won’t happen
Of course not, 20 wins more likely to save his @$$ than 19..he knows the admin will fall for that trick

Reactions: 8legs1dream
He's got capable players on the bench that don't get any run (see Crabtree, Dji, Wilson) - he's not changing how he operates at this stage. We've got enough of a body of work to realize that

He's got capable players on the bench that don't get any run (see Crabtree, Dji, Wilson) - he's not changing how he operates at this stage. We've got enough of a body of work to realize that
I've said before that using Mooney & change in the same discussion are not allowed. They are mutually exclusive entities.

A loss on Friday should effectively kill our NIT chances which are on life support as is. Let that sink in for you fellas. This team of 5th and 6th year seniors who came back to show everyone how good they are, if they lose, isn't even making the NIT field.

• Sad
Mooney should start the second string in this game. Our seed is basically set for the tournament. Playing Gilyard, Golden, Burton and Cayo for 38 to 39 points does nothing. Actually develop your bench so they develop confidence. 17 years of playing predictable lineups. We have to win 4 games in 4 days. We have struggled all year being consistent. So being perfect for a whole week isn't happening.

Rest the starters? These guys need all the work they can get to win the A10 tourney.
I will ask this. If players could only play 1000 minutes per season, would you play them 40 minutes the first 25 games, or 28 minutes the first 35 games?

Unfortunately though these player endorsements are the “expert opinion” our leadership uses to decide if mooney is the coach or not. He’s not going anywhere.

1. Nike pullover gone. Still not rocking any Adidas or Spider apparel, which is virtually always the case in these things, and I find a little odd.
2. When asked how assessment of how we got to 6 seed Mooney said we lost a lot of close games. Wish we had a camera on JOC after that one.
3. No switch was planned on the Dayton lob. Put it on Burton for poor positioning.

It's March, so you know what that means. Meaningless end of season games for us. Thanks Mooney. I suspect St. Bonnie seniors will want to show out for their last home game though. Our seniors had a chance on their home court but that ended up in a huge emphatic poster dunk by Dayton.

1. Nike pullover gone. Still not rocking any Adidas or Spider apparel, which is virtually always the case in these things, and I find a little odd.
2. When asked how assessment of how we got to 6 seed Mooney said we lost a lot of close games. Wish we had a camera on JOC after that one.
3. No switch was planned on the Dayton lob. Put it on Burton for poor positioning.
GKiller, Thank you for watching these. I feel like we should have to pay your some type of hazard pay for listening to these. Whenever, I listen to anything he has to say, I'm always feel dumber after the experience and mad at myself for hoping just once their will be a tiny bit of accountability, tone switch or something. There never ever is. Very robotic.

thanks for posting that. I had to listen now, and then go back and re-watch the play. Mooney did say he wished he did anything else, based on how it turned out. he does regret not calling a timeout there but felt they had so much time to talk about it during the review. could have talked more after seeing the set up, though some teams will change the set up.

going back to the video ... I'm not sure why Tyler is lined up like that. he's chest to chest, back to the baseline in full denial. I think Tyler should be back to the basket like others were. we still might have a problem if Tyler is back the basket but he shouldn't be screened quite as easily. I'd still want Nathan to bump Blakney. switching is an option but not a cure-all. switching screens can create problems too.

end of the day what we did didn't work.

Reactions: GKiller
Wow, I don't look at these much over the last few years, but wow, he really has bad body language and no enthusiasm. I feel bad for signing the petition now, someone put him on watch and guard the high bridges in the area. Guess 05 will feel worst if something happens.

Wow, I don't look at these much over the last few years, but wow, he really has bad body language and no enthusiasm. I feel bad for signing the petition now, someone put him on watch and guard the high bridges in the area. Guess 05 will feel worst if something happens.
The enthusiam has been gone for many years. Listened to part of it now (which literally killed a small part of my lust for life) and my god literally everyone in that room sounds like they are going through the motions. When they ask about being the 6 seed, maybe a follow up question to ask him if he is disappointed with finishing 6th after being preseason number 2. Damn, you guys are media, press him a little please.

I don't know how these beat reporters can come game after game and ask the same mundane questions and listen to Mooney's same mundane answers.

After all these years and all this experience the older guys have to be reduced to trying to find some positives (great defense against Dayton, great second half defense against St. Louis) that you can use going forward is pretty lame. There are no positives from the Dayton game. You got punked and were ill-prepared for the play. Unfortunately we have seen this for too many years under this coach.

GKiller, Thank you for watching these. I feel like we should have to pay your some type of hazard pay for listening to these. Whenever, I listen to anything he has to say, I'm always feel dumber after the experience and mad at myself for hoping just once their will be a tiny bit of accountability, tone switch or something. There never ever is. Very robotic.
Ha thx. I actually like watching u can glean more than a quote in a paper w/o the context. Maybe I should say I used to enjoy watching more. But u r right they r very much like the games...u know exactly what you’ll get & the result is still underwhelming.

the only mild surprise was Mooney calling out Burton.

I would say when he talks not calling TO too but he hasn’t learned when to best use them in 17 years. Not when other team on run, and I guess definitely not when he sees us lined up poorly on a set play coming w 2.4 secs left.

Reactions: 97spiderfan
If their big guy plays we lose by double digits. If he doesn’t we only lose by 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spiders4ever
Think we need him this game? My God, we need him back next year or we are toast at the big position.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT