ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond vs. Virginia Commonwealth

I know our posts are not wanted, but I do want to say this. I felt that Bob Black and Mooney made way too big of a deal about the game at VCU being competitive. His show the next day was all about that and more importantly Mooney went the same route on the Spider Sportsline. I think it was then assumed that if it wasn't played at VCU then Richmond would have won. There was then a lot of confidence on here and maybe even within the team that the Spiders would definitely win at home just because.

Moral victories are dangerous for mindsets of athletes and coaches.

I doubt seriously that the team or coaches "expected" to win at the Robins Center, but the point was that had we made two more three-pointers at the Siegel Center (and we missed a bunch of wide-open ones), you would have been fouling us for the last three minutes instead of vice versa. We tend to make more threes at home and VCU tends not to make very many on the road. It seems logical to think that maybe that trend would continue and be enough for us to win. Of course the game didn't go that way.

The Saturday game was much more along the lines of what I think some of us expected at the Robins Center. We should have won Saturday but we let it slip away.

It seems VCU fan hatred of all things University of Richmond never ends. They're trolling TJ's mom, now!

Reactions: SpiderK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT