ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond vs. Virginia Commonwealth

Our defense is totally putrid. They have almost every basket at the rim. Except for the wide open uncontested threes.

Reactions: SpiderK
Mooney was content with one win In the tournament. Time to cut ties when your coach can't win one out of 3 in his own city. Who cares what it cost to get rid of him. I will coach the team for free until we are even.

Last edited:
All right, we look like, well, throw in your favorite four-letter word here. But if (a big if) we can keep it within 6 or so at the half and Mooney finally does something at the half, we still have a shot.

Not saying it's likely, but stranger things have happened

Wow to play that horrid and only be down 5 is nothing but a miracle. Moses might be out parting one of those rivers as we speak.

Reactions: Eighth_Leg
All right, we look like, well, throw in your favorite four-letter word here. But if (a big if) we can keep it within 6 or so at the half and Mooney finally does something at the half, we still have a shot.

Not saying it's likely, but stranger things have happened

Got that done. We'll see what happens. It's not like Wade is going to stand pat, though.

That was one of the worst first halves I've seen us play and to be down only six is quite amazing. Jones missed a million shots defense was terrible couldn't get off good shots of our own and Cline was on the bench.

Come on let's play better second-half to win this d*mn thing!

fortunate to be down 5 at half after that. look for changes by vcu in second half, expect them to set up on the low block more -- then of course their normal push for the last 6 mnutes

This could be a lot like our tourney game vs. Vandy. Looked overmatched for much of the first half, a big 3 before the end of the half (Harper and Buck) and then hopefully we'll follow the script of that second half

Our bench is awful. Johnson makes a mistake every minute, Wood is useless unless he has one of those rare games where he's lights out from 3, Abakah is...Abakah.

It's a miracle we are only down 5. So much went badly. TJ missed a bunch of min. Shot terribly. Killed on the glass. Let them shoot 65%. Etc. etc. And still only down 5? Not sure how we even managed that.

You can't play passively against vdu. And we have consistently played that way. Rebounding again absent.

That was one of the worst first halves I've seen us play and to be down only six is quite amazing. Jones missed a million shots defense was terrible couldn't get off good shots of our own and Cline was on the bench.

Come on let's play better second-half to win this d*mn thing!
Jones 0-6 from 2
Sherod & Johnson both 0-2 from 3

Take Buck out of the equation we shot 26%, They shot 60%.( with Buck's 5 for 5 39%)

Did we take a time out?

Come on guys we are playing with house money.....relax

Got home to see 18-29 down but happy right now only 5 down. Only going by stats but Buck has been the man. VCU has plenty of inside scoring but not that big of a lead.

Easily winnable game but seniors and especially SDJ who has to score more than 3 in the 2nd half. As much I love what JJ does out there, I hope coach doesn't give up on Nick if he misses his first couple to start the half.

Great halftime report on Mooney's thoughts. Doesn't sound like he has a clue on what to do.

Abakan gives us zero. Why play him at all? His size adds nothing. Can't defend a lick. Can't rebound. Can't throw it to him on offense. Great kid. Can't play at this level. I d try Wood. Yeah, he stinks too, but at last we have the lightning in a bottle chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT