ADVERTISEMENT

On to the Goo Moos

Grant with some bad turnovers. Still have the lead, but things seem a bit more stagnant without Buck.

Reactions: whampas
Two poorly coached teams. We have the better talent by far. Refs letting them play so far. Nick has been the difference with 11 points and nice steals.

Playing really really poor. But it's the GooMoos, so what's new. What magic words will our leader impart?

It feels like we are trying to play too fast. We should push it when we have numbers, but we are better than them so let’s slow it down and out execute them in the 2nd half

This would have been a win with Buckingham. I do trust the game suspension was deserved.

Well, it appears the magic is gone. There's time but we look lost. Grant not playing well.

Would have been nice time for a timeout at the 14, 13, 12 min mark. Anything to stop them going up by 15. Come on coach

Mooney’s defensive strategy is “Hope they miss and don’t get the rebound”

Ugh, I've never said this before,, but fire CM. We played a very young team that lost 4 games in a row. We were outplaye and out coached.

Reactions: SpiderK
It is actually pretty comical that people post 'fire Mooney' after every loss. Losses are all on the coach, wins are all on the players.
Grant doesn't appear to be very focused. Way too casual with the ball.

He played his worst game of the season by far. Shots weren't falling, lots of turnovers, maybe he is sick?

It is actually pretty comical that people post 'fire Mooney' after every loss. Losses are all on the coach, wins are all on the players.

He played his worst game of the season by far. Shots weren't falling, lots of turnovers, maybe he is sick?
Golden looked sick to me. He was exhausted and bending over hands on knees a lot of the game. Looked very white too.

Come home to this crap result. Sounds like from the posts here they beat themselves? From box score looks like couldn't keep the "offensive" train a rolling. Piss poor from deep.

George Mason gave us every opportunity to win, players made poor decisions at critical moments, coach couldn’t make adjustments in time to save the game. Just a sad way to end the streak. Players didn’t give up though which gives me hope for VCU

George Mason gave us every opportunity to win, players made poor decisions at critical moments, coach couldn’t make adjustments in time to save the game. Just a sad way to end the streak. Players didn’t give up though which gives me hope for VCU

Plus we should be fresh on Wednesday since several guys didn't break a sweat

Nick was great.

Jacob has to recognize when the team needs him to be an offensive catalyst. Showed some flashes but didn’t do enough. When he took the initiative, they couldn’t guard him off the dribble - he needs to aggressive in games like this.

Rest of the team played pretty poorly. Hope Buck learned a lesson for whatever he did to get sat down tonight.

Tonight also showed how poorly our roster has been managed over the years to get to this point with zero depth.

Certainly not a great game by Grant today, but he's carried the team quite a few games this year. He's had a very good year & has been instrumental in our 5 game run. It goes w/out saying even the best of players are going to have an off night on occasion. Unfortunately it took place today when Buck was out.

A few things I noticed tonight follow:

Once again we left their 3 point shooters wide open, and tonight we got burned. Same Mooney defensive strategy game to game, and in the 2nd half it paid off for GMU. No adjustment ever made.

For the most part, it seemed GMU strategy was to take it to basket, and it worked. Seems like same thing as last year. How many points did they score in the lane?

Our passing was soft and lackadaisical. Several times our passes were easily anticipated by GMU & resulted in turnovers & points. This is nothing new, but it seemed worse tonight than usual.

For whatever reason, GMU owns Mooney. He's their best asset.

Good comeback at the end, but pretty difficult to steal a win when you're down by 12 with a few minutes to go. Everything has to play out right, and we came close but not enough to win.

Reactions: SpiderK
Certainly not a great game by Grant today, but he's carried the team quite a few games this year. He's had a very good year & has been instrumental in our 5 game run. It goes w/out saying even the best of players are going to have an off night on occasion. Unfortunately it took place today when Buck was out.
Grant appeared to be ill. Hope he is better by Wednesday.

Grant looked like he was not feeling well - didn't seem to have the strength to make shots or defend well. Trust he recovers soon.

Reactions: CarolinaSpider
I can't remember seeing so many deflected passes and balls knocked out of hands.

Mason had lost 4 in a row. We had won 5 in a row and playing at home in front of a sellout crowd. So of course we were going to lose.
Of course...

Another loss to a very bad team in front of a sell out crowd. Excellent marketing strategy
At this point, I don't think the winning versus losing impacts marketing. With $5.00 coupons, discounted prices to companies, 529 promotions to schools, and other miscellaneous promotions, it seems the crowds are coming. For many in attendance it's an entertainment thing.

My belief is that the passionate posters on this site, as well as a % of alumni that are more concerned with winning and the long term results / patterns with CM as coach. Not really sure where the athletic department & big $$$ donors are on this, but it seems status quo is okey dokey. Can we just reach the NCAA tourney in the next 4 or 5 years? Is that asking too much?

Fans started filing out when we went down 15, in a game where we came all the way back and had the potential go-ahead shot leave the hands of the player it had to be. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Apathy? Disgust? Just the same people who always leave early to avoid traffic?

Apathy. Get the sense that our games are a nice outing, whether we we or not doesn’t matter, people are still coming out (especially) for the weekend games.

If we are 16-5, instead of 8-13, that’s probably not the case.

Fans started filing out when we went down 15, in a game where we came all the way back and had the potential go-ahead shot leave the hands of the player it had to be. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Apathy? Disgust? Just the same people who always leave early to avoid traffic?
How many minutes to Golden play after that?

Apathy. Get the sense that our games are a nice outing, whether we we or not doesn’t matter, people are still coming out (especially) for the weekend games.

We're the Flying Squirrels of college basketball. Maybe they'll put a hot tub in one of the suites for the fans.

How many games have we filled seats with elementary and middleschool kids?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT