ADVERTISEMENT

On to the Goo Moos

Mason is really bad. They can't shoot threes to save their lives, and they are small. Golden should score 30. If we can't beat them this time, we should just fold the program.

Dave Paulsen hired as Mason coach in 2015 and has been tough on Spiders.........bye week should help ...plus the fired up Robins Center crowd next Saturday will help even more....................

Mason is really bad. They can't shoot threes to save their lives, and they are small. Golden should score 30. If we can't beat them this time, we should just fold the program.
Hope GG has a field day against them. He's really come on this season and especially last few weeks. He's hungry, aggressive, plays with passion, and skilled. Great to see this happening for him & the team.

Dave Paulsen hired as Mason coach in 2015 and has been tough on Spiders.........bye week should help ...plus the fired up Robins Center crowd next Saturday will help even more....................
It would be really nice to see a sellout crowd welcome our guys home with a nationally televised game. With as hard as we have been playing defense we need our crowd in close games when the legs get tired.

Hopefully this will serve us well. Everytime we have played them, they were coming off a bye....it is our turn now!!!

Last edited:
Hopefully this will serve up well. Everytime we have played them, they were coming off a bye....it is our turn now!!!

I did not realize that. That is interesting. Hopefully that will be the difference. My first college basketball game was GMU v UR at the patriot center. UR won. I think that stuck in my head when I looked at colleges.

Reactions: gcarter52
GMU got to the lane so much on us last year and got a lot of second chance goals.
We need to give them a taste of their own medicine. I believe we are better defensive
team right now at cutting off the drives to the lane.

Reactions: gcarter52
I would say, I think we should not send them to the line too much.

All 5 starters shoot 80%...

Crap. The Eight Legger kiss of death. This reads like your posts before Delaware game. I'm loading up on the goo moos.

35 wins-23 losses all time, lost last 5 in a row, need to beat them! Keep our A-10 win streak moving forward.................
What an amazing record CM has against a CAA program. 5 straight loses to a team that hasnt even sniffed post season since being in the A10. Extend!!

If the Goo-Moos are not particularly adept at hitting 3-point shots this could be an ideal "coming-out-party" for Nate Cayo to get extra minutes inside in this game. We will want to "clog the lane" and Grant and Nate, in combination, should provide some pretty formidable rim protection insurance. Plus, Nate's height might allow him to start showing off more of his inside moves. Finally, more time for Nate could give Buck a little more rest, if he wants or needs it.

This just seems like perfect timing to give Nate more minutes on the floor than the 8-10 minutes he has been getting against teams that are good at shooting 3s. Hoping to see more of his inside defense on Saturday too.

So Spiders start out as -8. Won't waste my time with any kind of analysis with teams stats. Should/HAS to be a UR W! Whatever the "spell" GM has over UR, CM should/MUST resolve it. No excuses will be accepted if otherwise.

Don't think there is any danger of looking past Mason because of the way they have owned us in recent games. Think the March 3rd game against them at the Patriot Center will be more of a challenge than today's game - but saying that doesn't mean I am looking past today's game.......................

So It will be a challenge without Buckingham who is serving suspension for violation of team rules.

Really, a suspension, for what? Staying out past curfew? Thankfully we don't need him to route the GooMoos

Looks like it is only a one game suspension, which is good. Cayo will get a lot more minutes today.

This just made a huge difference in our
game and we don' have depth to deal
well with this

I agree JJ will start. Cayo first in. We lose a ton of rebounding. This will probably cost us the game, but this is the time to learn no one is above the law (rules).

Paul practiced all week, so he's ready to go.
Is it time for the secret weapon?

9 man Roster today...
Grant, Paul, Jordan
Nick, Julius, Nathan
Khwan, Jacob, Joe

Last edited:
I was going to give a speech to the team, “win one for the Bucker”.
But that doesn’t sound right...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT