ADVERTISEMENT

On to 2017?

I would think the game plan there is that since he's at the Virginia Academy, perhaps he wants to stay close. maybe he has a host family in VA. and the fact that he's even interested in taking an unofficial here despite that list is a good sign.
but no, I'm not going to get excited about our chances yet.

I am hoping two things... First i hope Coach to use 3 guards .. Second hope is pivot iffense defense goes away . This was big failure last yesr.. Third hope is never to see a player develop a ZERO offense after 4 years with mych playing time

Reactions: SpiderRick
Yes agree with Fezz as I usually do. Thought the whole purpose of the Princeton offense or the version of it that we run is to have 5 players on the floor who can score consistently and especially from 3 point range.

And yes the Hoos put on a clinic last night particularly showing the value of an inside efficient big man - 7 feet tall Tobey...............

And yes the Hoos put on a clinic last night particularly showing the value of an inside efficient big man - 7 feet tall Tobey...............

Are you saying our bigs weren't efficient? TJ and TA were amazingly efficient, TJ is one of the most efficient big men players in the country and more efficient than Tobey.

Are you saying our bigs weren't efficient? TJ and TA were amazingly efficient, TJ is one of the most efficient big men players in the country and more efficient than Tobey.
No 2011 - my comments were about the Virginia - Iowa State game and the offense the Hoos ran that resulted in lots of points in the paint.

No 2011 - my comments were about the Virginia - Iowa State game and the offense the Hoos ran that resulted in lots of points in the paint.

Ah, I see. It sounded like you were implying that our big men were not efficient and UVA was a better example of big men efficiency.

Ah, I see. It sounded like you were implying that our big men were not efficient and UVA was a better example of big men efficiency.
Do have to say that UVA this season is a much better example of oncourt success than we were.

Do have to say that UVA this season is a much better example of oncourt success than we were.

Very true, but that is more due to their defense as a whole and their guard play on offense. TA and TJ performed at an elite level on offense this year, up there with the best in the country. UVA's bigs were not significantly better on the offensive end, but were much better on defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpiderK
The Hoos are having a great season and having attended graduate school at UVA for a while, I respect and support them. The same goes for W&M and VaTech. The only in state "college" I do not support is vdu as it has no admission requirements and accepts non qualifiers. Vdu is an outlaw school and I only wish that UR had nothing to do with them. OSC

Reactions: SpiderK and Ram Bal
The Hoos are having a great season and having attended graduate school at UVA for a while, I respect and support them. The same goes for W&M and VaTech. The only in state "college" I do not support is vdu as it has no admission requirements and accepts non qualifiers. Vdu is an outlaw school and I only wish that UR had nothing to do with them. OSC
VDU is in conformity of the NCAA rules for admission of athletes. There is no violation. What do you mean by outlaw school? Much of the Fan is a very attractive area and not a slum as you call it. VCU is given a lot of credit for its revival. Actually many UR faculty and staff live in the Fan. I and many others do not understand your bitterness. Perhaps envy. i know you have put me on ignore. Hope you have a great Easter and ease off just a bit.

Reactions: Ram Bal
bb, where does the word "fan" show up in what you brought forward from THE ULLA??

bb, where does the word "fan" show up in what you brought forward from THE ULLA??
True, he does not say FAN, but VDU is considered to be in the fan district, as UR in the West End of Richmond near the Henrico line.

"The Fan is a district of Richmond, Virginia, so named because of the "fan" shape of the array of streets that extend west from Belvidere Street, on the eastern edge of Monroe Park, westward to the Boulevard. The Fan is a district of Richmond, Virginia, so named because of the "fan" shape of the array of streets that extend west from Belvidere Street, on the eastern edge of Monroe Park, westward to the Boulevard. (Though the streets rapidly resemble a grid after moving through what is now Virginia Commonwealth University). The Fan is one of the easterly points of the city's West End section, and is bordered to the north by Broad Street and to the south by VA 195, although the Fan District Association considers the southern border to be the properties abutting the south side of Main Street.[3] The western side is sometimes called the Upper Fan and the eastern side the Lower Fan, though confusingly the Uptown district is located near VCU in the Lower Fan. Many cafes and locally owned restaurants are located here, as well as historic Monument Avenue, a boulevard featuring enormous equine statuary of Civil WarConfederategenerals and a statue of tennis iconArthur Ashe. Development of the Fan district was strongly influenced by the City Beautiful movement of the late 19th century. Wikipedia

VCU is primarily located within the Fan. I believe that bb was referring to prior posts wherein it was stated or implied that VCU was located in the slums of Richmond. As a former resident of the Fan not too far from VCU, I find such statements incredulous and insulting but I realize that they are merely intended to disparage our biggest rival.
data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,zBCvFS8p4rmBP2qcPUJICw1IMJ3TLRccV76fWYLP_Mb3V2pWeQ2lejqq1qugeN8S5DPD1Ri11N5vTxHfYkMAz8J21YcLJsakdp3Yjwclts_bNxO1HshBWp-KU2SsGjvvoE4To7CV7I0bL8_aQHsoSONluRMiyFWV_n_cT5XADya6yHSBCb_5ibw-E7Z9-FkXePB4_EKsyrDh-sM

Reactions: urfan1 and bb3831
Couldn't find much about Tevin Brown, here is a long video of his junior year highlights, lots of blocks, steals, threes and dunks. Not sure how good the competition is:

Seem to be another ~6'5 guard, Mooney is really going after this type of player our roster is going to be full of them. Hopefully we can get a good 6'8+ player in 2017.

Maybe he will bring an entourage of "Richland Rowdies" with him...

Interesting that we are recruiting a bunch of PFs for 2017 who VCU also wants. One of them, Rayshaun Hammonds is a 4-star guy from Nick Patrick's old high school in Georgia. He already has a bunch of SEC interest, but I am glad to see we are active in this space.

Interesting that we are recruiting a bunch of PFs for 2017 who VCU also wants. One of them, Rayshaun Hammonds is a 4-star guy from Nick Patrick's old high school in Georgia. He already has a bunch of SEC interest, but I am glad to see we are active in this space.
Have to take a shot, some of these kids don't mind going to class.

Tired of seeing us recruiting the same kids as St. Francis, Hofstra, Furman, and Wofford.
Agreed, although I think there's a difference between us recruiting him and us showing interest in him. We haven't offered him yet, I suspect they think he has upside he'll show this year that might then warrant an offer.

we need to be in early so sometimes we're going to be mentioned with the Woffords. if the kid becomes a higher level recruit then at least we have the longer relationship. we can back off if the recruit doesn't turn into a player.
we usually shouldn't waste time getting involved with sophomores who are already getting high major interest.

Reactions: fan2011
we need to be in early so sometimes we're going to be mentioned with the Woffords. if the kid becomes a higher level recruit then at least we have the longer relationship. we can back off if the recruit doesn't turn into a player.
we usually shouldn't waste time getting involved with sophomores who are already getting high major interest.

Agreed, we need to get in early with kids, particularly sophomores who might at this point only have lower mid-major offers, so if they do blow up we have an established relationship that might be able to mitigate some of the allure of a BCS offer.

However, we shouldn't be signing guys when they are seniors who just have low mid major offers. That is how we got where we are right now.

it doesn't happen often and shouldn't be a strategy, but once in a while we might be right about a guy when everyone else is missing something. Kevin Anderson committed in February of his senior year. other offers were Wofford, Furman and Appy St.
2,000 points later ...
so no matter who we sign, we as fans need to give them a chance.

it doesn't happen often and shouldn't be a strategy, but once in a while we might be right about a guy when everyone else is missing something. Kevin Anderson committed in February of his senior year. other offers were Wofford, Furman and Appy St.
2,000 points later ...
Amen, spiderman. TJ Cline was very lightly recruited and it appears he will turn out ok. OSC

2,000 points later ...

I think it much easier to find under the radar guards than under the radar big men (forwards and centers). If your tall and can play, you are going to be found.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT