ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Goldberg's podcast Grant Golden

UR80sfan

Star
Jan 28, 2018
Noah has done a very good job with some of his podcasts. I especially like his interview withGrant Golden.

Grant is one of the best centers to ever put on a Spider uniform. He will finish his career as one of the all-time leading scorers in Spider history and has been playing his best basketball recently. If it wasn't for Toppin, he would be playing as the A10 player of the year over the past few games and might repeat as player of the week if he does well Saturday. The dude has been bringing is A-game and might recently be playing better than "the great" TJ Cline did during his junior year.

What I find most encouraging, in addition to his positivism to this season, is his excitement for next season. We need Grant Golden to reach our potential and he sounds very committed to U of R. He is also 100% committed to coach Mooney and finds the anti-Mooney group to be very distasteful. If you want to help the basketball program, this is something to keep in mind when you post.

https://espnrichmond.com/13565/spider-scoop-4-grant-golden-petey-buckets-vcu-recap/

Reactions: gcarter52
Excellent interview, true testament to the team's respect and support for coach Mooney!!!
I would love to see a Butler-Richmond matchup next year....make it work both schools!!!

Reactions: UR80sfan
Love Golden and his fire. Glad he loves the coach. But he hasn't been with Mooney for 15 years like lifelong faithful diehard spider fans.

Keep up the good work. That is all...

How long he has been there shouldn't matter....
Well, his comment about the anti-Mooney fans was something like "it doesn't make any sense to me."
In that regard, it does matter. He doesn't have their perspective, nor should he be expected to.

It was pretty lame and unnecessary for Noah to bring that into the conversation. Why does he need to be so negative? Other than that, a good listen.

Reactions: SpiderRick
lame and unnecessary? he brought up something that's clearly important to Grant. Grant's response was interesting.

Well, his comment about the anti-Mooney fans was something like "it doesn't make any sense to me."
In that regard, it does matter. He doesn't have their perspective, nor should he be expected to.

It was pretty lame and unnecessary for Noah to bring that into the conversation. Why does he need to be so negative? Other than that, a good listen.

How long GG has been a Spider shouldn't matter at all. I understand what GG meant and I agree with him. I say this as a Spider fan since I first enrolled in 1975. He does deserve the benefit of the doubt as a current player on our basketball team. I know th

I think he understands your perspective. It is Just shut up, give us your money, and come and enjoy the games, no matter the outcome.

lame and unnecessary? he brought up something that's clearly important to Grant. Grant's response was interesting.
Yes, Grant's response was interesting. He's a really good interviewee. I enjoyed it.
As EL said on the other thread, why are we still bringing it up? Noah even prefaced it with the whole "Not to go back to last year, but let's go back to last year" schtick.

How long GG has been a Spider shouldn't matter at all. I understand what GG meant and I agree with him. I say this as a Spider fan since I first enrolled in 1975.
So some fans being frustrated with the prior 8 seasons "doesn't make any sense" to you, either?
That's all I was referring to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT