ADVERTISEMENT

Legends Classic, Barclays Center

TBSpyder

Graduate Assistant
Sep 24, 2011
Haven't heard much about our schedule. Apologize if this has been posted before. UR will appear in an exempt tournament. We play Wisconsin in first game, then either New Mexico or Auburn.

I am going to try to get there. I haven’t heard anything from my NJ alumni branch, though I am ready for a visit from President Crutcher. Seems like this kind of tournament should be highly promoted up this way. But nothing.

Missed opportunities again.

I hope Coach stays strong and does not tight up. Keep flow of game Coach ,it develops game to next game. Not overthinking not the micro. Always love the Shooter and this year we have many . Our game runs will be improved over time , let it flow let it flow . Always believe in the Shooter now.

Heading to Brooklyn +2. I’m a UR grad but have a lot of Wisconsin family- would love to see us really compete because I listen to a lot of A10 bashing from them. Disappointed we haven’t promoted this tournament or organized any events around it, especially with the large amount of alumni in the area.

Heading to Brooklyn +2. I’m a UR grad but have a lot of Wisconsin family- would love to see us really compete because I listen to a lot of A10 bashing from them. Disappointed we haven’t promoted this tournament or organized any events around it, especially with the large amount of alumni in the area.
I’d love to see us shoot the lights and win.

Also, I’d love to see KA demand to coach us in his building...

Wisconsin could very well be the best opponent we face this season (unless we get to face Auburn), and will be the toughest defensive team we face with the possible exception of VCU. It will be interesting to see if we can maintain efficient scoring against a good defensive team. Wisconsin's biggest weakness on defense seems to be the 3...

Yeah, sorry that I won't be making a Monday-Tuesday jaunt from Richmond to Brooklyn for basketball games. 32, didn't see you at any home games this year. Why is that? You're a big shot, make the trip down here. Easy to talk crap when the tournament comes to you.

Seats are on floor level at courtside so should help with Tourney budget.

Where are your seats along with hanca,eight legger or gospidersgo?

I love sitting next to big shots.
Lighten up, Frances. It was a joke - perhaps a little snarky, and not a very good one.
I would love to see this post before the moderator edit.

Snow Flake and the Seven Poobahs.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
This is our biggest OOC game right here and will tell us a lot about our team and season. A win and I think the bandwagon that Gilly said was full over the weekend will probably grow. A loss and our 4 cupcake home wins will look just like they are.

If this team is indeed so much better than we have to go in and beat a mid-tier Big 10 team tonight on a neutral court. Let's get this done.

A couple non-matchup related things that worry me about tonight:

1. First non home game of the year - we've gotten awfully comfortable shooting at the Robins Center to start the season. Will that translate to another place (different backgrounds/sightlines etc.).

2. Not intentional of course...but will the refs work in Wisconsin's favor. A Wisconsin/Auburn final sells a lot more tickets and gets a lot better tv ratings than we would.

This game is a great barometer to see what kind of team we have this year.

The line has inched up to 6 at most places. Total of 133 1/2.
I love the over. That's an implied score of around 69-70 to 63-64. I can't see the good guys being held so low. Bigger gyms can play havoc with shooting percentages, but I think that's overblown.

System started 4-0, now it's 4-4. Long season ahead; just need to get over 52%.
I'm kind of drinking the Kool-Aid right now. I think we can win so I don't want to lay 6.

This is our biggest OOC game right here and will tell us a lot about our team and season. A win and I think the bandwagon that Gilly said was full over the weekend will probably grow. A loss and our 4 cupcake home wins will look just like they are.

If this team is indeed so much better than we have to go in and beat a mid-tier Big 10 team tonight on a neutral court. Let's get this done.
this team is a lot better than the last two seasons whether we win this week or not.
and mid-tier Big 10 team is selling Wisconsin short. they finished #21 last year. no idea how much they lost from that team, but Wisconsin's a GREAT program.

and mid-tier Big 10 team is selling Wisconsin short. they finished #21 last year. no idea how much they lost from that team, but Wisconsin's a GREAT program.
Both can be true. There are a handful of teams in the Big 10 who are expected to be in the mix for a 1 or 2 seed in March. That would be your "top tier." Wisconsin is not one of them. They are a great program and the best team on our schedule.

Reactions: KWeaver
this team is a lot better than the last two seasons whether we win this week or not.
They are a better than mid-tier program, but are rebuilding a bit.
But mid-tier in Big 10, Big 12, ACC is not an insult...

Reactions: nathanw19

I agree when we wake up on Sunday morning, we're going to know alot more about our team, but why the absolutism? If we get blown out (which I don't think will happen) maybe, but if we play a good solid game and happen to lose, don't think it diminishes the first four at all.

"A loss and our 4 cupcake home wins will look just like they are. "

Reactions: urfan1 and KWeaver
I agree when we wake up on Sunday morning, we're going to know alot more about our team, but why the absolutism? If we get blown out (which I don't think will happen) maybe, but if we play a good solid game and happen to lose, don't think it diminishes the first four at all.

Cause close losses don't count on your NCAA resume. And also, we probably get another chance at a big scalp the next night in Auburn in we win, so winning tonight is almost doubly important to our at large resume.

Hope our guys are up to the challenge. Wisconsin is a big name program but as others have noted, they are picked 6th in Big Ten, so this is the exact type of team we need to schedule because we should have a decent chance of beating them.

yeah, the "we have to go in and beat a mid-tier Big 10 team on a neutral court" is understating how good Wisconsin is. this would be one of our bigger non-tournament upsets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT