9Legs

Assistant Coach
Mar 4, 2005
Son of Jarod Stephenson former Spider
Nephew of Greg Stephenson former Spider
Both were pretty good players in the Dooley/ Beilein era
Both had long professional careers in South Korea

Reactions: urfan1
I have many, many, many snide and sarcastic potential responses to this one, but since I'm certain you posted with only good intentions I'll just say that this has been well documented, and we hope that Jarin has great success.

Stevenson is tearing it up tonight against Clemson...4 threes so far...all the announcers want to talk about is his college basketball playing mother that went to UNC...

shouldn't someone in the UR AD PR office be getting in touch with CBS to point out that his Dad played four years at Richmond? A special segment they ran on the story Thursday night included comments from Jarod, but never mentioned he played four years at UR...

Wasn't he on the 1998 Beilein "Giant Killers" in DC?

Go Spiders!

Stevenson is tearing it up tonight against Clemson...4 threes so far...all the announcers want to talk about is his college basketball playing mother that went to UNC...

shouldn't someone in the UR AD PR office be getting in touch with CBS to point out that his Dad played four years at Richmond? A special segment they ran on the story Thursday night included comments from Jarod, but never mentioned he played four years at UR...

Wasn't he on the 1998 Beilein "Giant Killers" in DC?

Go Spiders!

You’d think it would be an opportunity for our PR team to make sure that was in the game notes, but our folks can’t even spell things right.

Would be a cool story to mention that his dad had 24 points in a first round upset in the 1998 tournament.

Write the story and send it to CBS Sports, they are obviously to lazy or not interested on their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stork3
You’d think it would be an opportunity for our PR team to make sure that was in the game notes, but our folks can’t even spell things right.

Would be a cool story to mention that his dad had 24 points in a first round upset in the 1998 tournament.

I'm sorry, but we have a PR department?? They can't be paid employees, must be run by student interns

Write the story and send it to CBS Sports, they are obviously to lazy or not interested on their own.
it was annoying but what's our PR department supposed to do here? call the announcers every game to make sure to mention his dad if he has a big game?

I assume they got the info on Jarin's mom from his bio on the Alabama site ... and info on Jarod is in the same sentence. they just didn't read it for some reason.

I find this ironic, given the title of the thread spells his name wrong.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT