ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Tickets

MolivaManiac

Spider's Club
Feb 8, 2004
Has anyone seen anything about Season Tickets for the Fall yet? I've seen ads from UVA, VT, JMU recently but nothing for Richmond. I also see that we are already selling Basketball Tickets at UR for next Winter?

Anybody know what's up with Football?

actually spoke with ticket office earlier today about this very topic. Although no mention of holding out for further resolution of covid restrictions, If you had purchased tickets for fall 2020 then you will be automatically issued the tix for fall 2021. If you had season tix for 2019 then those tix are still reserved for you. may get an update email in coming weeks, otherwise be on the lookout for communication in mid June regarding renewals. I suspect they are waiting as long as possible so that they have the clearest view of what restrictions may still be in place.

UR and WM will likely do FBall tix announcements in concert with one-another,with a complete green light from Governor.It’s certainly not holding back JMU,UVa,Tech.

I think we are requesting $50 deposits for interest in NEW basketball season tix.Nothing yet about existing season tix holders.

PLEASE NOTE - This is for new season ticket holders only.

Current season ticket holders DO NOT need to place a deposit. You will receive renewal information closer to the start of the 2021-22 season.

Place a deposit now to join Spider Men's Basketball for the 2021-22 season. A $50 per-seat deposit (non-refundable) will ensure that you are contacted as soon after current season ticket holders have a chance to renew. Your deposit will be applied to your final ticket purchase total.

Last edited:

Va. removing mask mandate for fully vaccinated people, lifting all COVID restrictions May 28-We should be good to go with full capacities at the Rob this Fall unless the unvaccinated Rednecks cause another Covid-19 wave​

Has anyone seen anything about Season Tickets for the Fall yet? I've seen ads from UVA, VT, JMU recently but nothing for Richmond. I also see that we are already selling Basketball Tickets at UR for next Winter?

Anybody know what's up with Football?
Should be 100% seat availability.

Literally…worst time ever. Friday before a holiday weekend. Buried in the news cycle.

Saw the email today. Must say, as someone that didn’t request a refund, wasn’t super thrilled about all the language that they’ve cut ticket prices for the people that did request a refund. Maybe could have sent separate emails to the various groups. At least make me feel appreciated that I didn’t ask for money back…throw in a shirt or something.

They put together a pretty long email about season tickets and mention discounted prices but nowhere does it mention reasons why we should have a strong team this fall and that we have some attractive opponents coming in.

Until we come to grips with the fact that the only thing that will drive demand again is a successful program, they'd be better of just saying "come out and eat and drink with your Spider buddies in our parking lots this fall" and it would be the most effective marketing we could do.

We could keep reducing the cost of the product all the way to Zero Dollars there will be no marginal increase in sales. Cost has never been the reason that people don't come.

Does anyone know why every single one of our games is at 2pm in the afternoon? Is it so we have that specific slot on NBC Sports Washington? Based on conversation with others, i believe the early start time may have a very negative effect on ticket sales for young families that have youth sports activities.

Would have been great to mix up start times to offer something for everyone. Does the visibility on NBC Sports Washington merit the deleterious effect on young family ticket buyers - a group who is not an insignificant pirtion of the base?

Last edited:
Well, in the past, they always seem to schedule the November games at noon and everybody would freeze at their breakfast tailgate...so it see it as an improvement.

Reactions: Spiderfan1980
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT