ADVERTISEMENT

Early Exit for the A-10

Stonewall D

Graduate Assistant
Dec 18, 2008
At home
VCU lost and Davidson is losing by 15 with 3 minutes left in the 1st half. If the trend continues, the A-10 will have an early exit from the dance this year, leaving only the teams in NIT still playing.

I'm sure all the Big East officials on hand in New York last week were really impressed by the 150 Richmond supporters on hand in the Big Apple.

The ship has sailed on that deal.

Originally posted by Ulla1:
Please get UR into the Big East. Please!
I m happy with Richmond in the A10. If we get an invite we will obviously take it, but the A10 has a good thing going on. There is a post on the A10 forums showing how viewing numbers for the A10 championship game were about 3 times as high as for the big east championship. In a down year, the A10 has sent 3 team to the NCAAs. Over the past 5 years the A10 has sent an average of over 4 teams to the NCAA tournament every year. We have a great rivalry here, and I can see another one possibly developing with Davidson which would be great.

I think we can be the program most here want to be in the A10 (in the mix for the post season most years).

Dayton plays a gritty game.Now 2-0 as an 11 seed they face 3 seed Oklahoma in Columbus,Ohio.Could go 3-0 with all their games having been played in Ohio.Thank you,committee.

This post was edited on 3/21 1:26 AM by 32counter

Cooley lost his cool with his team not the refs.Refs misinterpreted.Flyers made 1 of 2 technical shots and missed shot on possession.

We didn't get to hear what Cooley said when he threw the chair. Could have been non-referee friendly. :)

I do agree with you guys, looks like he was pissed at his own team. That's not why they lost though. Dayton really out played them.

I thought providence was Big East team? And the A-10 was finished?

I really have to eat crow. Dayton laid the lumber to P College. Dayton is amazing. Miller now has Dayton believing. Is their next game in Co!umbus?

Video of Cooley "throwing chair" - pretty much of nothing - scroll down to second pic and video is rolling. Basically slammed folding chair to ground toward his own bench. Not a good thing to do, but a technical seems a little much.

Edit - after watching it again and reading 'comments' saw it was on the court near the free throw line and would not want a coach doing that at Robins.
This post was edited on 3/21 11:02 AM by spider fan

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/3/21/8268843/providence-coach-ed-cooley-td-up-for-leading-his-own-huddle

Belmont has been to the NCAA 7 times in the last 10 years. I'm beginning to think that whatever league we're in doesn't really matter.

I stayed up late to see Dayton win. I'm becoming a Flyers fan. It's an unbelievable story, what they achieved this year. Short bench, no height, etc. I fear we're going to lose Archie Miller as coach, and Dayton as an A-10 member. I feel Dayton has inherited the role of flagship from Xavier. I can't accept that RPI will ever be the conference flagship. An NIT championship might just propel UR into a long run in the NCAA. Don't want to wish my life away, but I'm hoping this is the case, and it starts with winning NIT.

K, I cannot find Phoenix or the Spiders on the NCAA score board, Did I miss something? Come clean with your degree. Was it a community college? You are a old man.

Bb, this board has some posters that provide no benefit to SpiderNation.com (and some would suggest I'm one of them), but for my money, you are the most worthless poster this board has to offer and have been for a long time. Ulla and K say some 'interesting' things sometimes that many will disagree with but it's like you have an alert on your computer when either of them post to just atrack them.

Please add something or go find the UoP Hoops forum.

Nobody prefers a debate between Rachel Maddow and Sean Hannity to listening to either of them individually (or not).

bb, glad we have an option, either fair and balanced or "the narrative". we have come so far......

con't imagine somebody coming here attacking the program , the team, the posters and NOT expecting to be attacked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT