ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Richmond Spiders Football - Opponent's Countdown - Michigan State

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

our almost annual BCS payday game...this time against a legacy Big 10 opponent...I still remember the anguish of losing to Wisconsin 7-6 at Camp Randall Stadium in 1978...I believe that game may have been the only other game the Spiders have played against an original member of the Big 10.

I still like playing these games despite the risk of injuries and getting trounced...my guess is most of our players and coaches enjoy getting a taste of the BCS atmosphere and measuring their talent versus BCS players...I don't know if any of our players would have been offered a scholarship out of high school by the Spartans...

if we play well in East Lansing, win, or lose, we should be able to play well against any CAA opponent...

I'll be hoping we play well, emerge healthy and spend the $650K wisely...

Enjoy the Countdown Episode Two...the Delaware State Hornets up next...

Go Spiders!

looking for just about anything that will give you hope for Saturday's game? I know I am!

This game summary from the Detroit Free Press is a frank and objective look at State's opening win over Central Michigan...Coach Tucker says they've got a lot to clean up too...

I realize hope is not a strategy, but someone said it springs eternal!

Go Spiders!

Reactions: urfan1
A little thing but in the game notes there is reference to this being our second game against a Big 10 opponent and first since 2015 when we played Maryland. Don't they do any research? We played at Wisconsin in.I believe, 1977 and lost 7-6.

Reactions: mojo-spider
A little thing but in the game notes there is reference to this being our second game against a Big 10 opponent and first since 2015 when we played Maryland. Don't they do any research? We played at Wisconsin in.I believe, 1977 and lost 7-6.
None of us are surprised by the football PR ineptitude

Also, Maryland was not a Big Ten member in 2015. So they are right, it is our second game against the Big Ten, but also wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT