ADVERTISEMENT

Dayton White-Out Game (Mens) Thread 6pm Sat 1/27 CBSSN

Wow, that is some impressive oppo research, diving into walk-ons parents occupations.
Agreed. We're totally F'd now. Damn it. They figured out the Southall connection. Everyone save your money and time and just do something else for a couple hours tomorrow night.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Dayton fans think they will have Cheeks guard King.
"cheeks wud [sic] be about the only player whose even capable of defending king i expect we'll show a lot of zone too. For those of you who didnt hear or see what king did to gw this week have a look."

Cheeks looks to be a defensive player, rather than an offensive threat. He is 6' 3" and weighs 195 pounds. He has played in 8 road games, where he averaged 30.3 minutes per game, and 5.8 points per game. On the road, he averaged 1.3 steals, .6 blocks and 1.6 turnovers. In those 8 road games, he averaged 5.6 rebounds.

I’m so excited…this game has that March feel to it at least to me. If we play our brand of defense and hopefully avoid a scoring drought I like our chances.
You deserve like the rest of us to be crazy excited ... We all will sleep well tonight and wake up early for the biggest Spider home game in at least 4 years .....

Flying in today for the game tomorrow. Section 9, Row C. See you all there!!! Go spiders!
Welcome back to Richmond, Go Spiders 🕷️🕸️🏀
You deserve like the rest of us to be crazy excited ... We all will sleep well tonight and wake up early for the biggest Spider home game in at least 4 years .....
I’m excited too, I can’t wait!

Panic room game watch will be in full effect tmrw. Need to stock up on all the snacks to stress eat the whole game.
True - please most importantly confirm you have a solid way to watch the game tomorrow night and if not I can discreetly provide via DM some streaming credentials

What is the athletic department doing? Advertising this game with Quinn in a red uniform? Giving out blue T-Shirts for a Wednesday night game but deciding not to provide all fans white shirts for the freaking white out? I’m assuming students will get white shirts but come on. Also 2 scoreboards don’t work half the time and whoever runs the graphics sometimes puts the noise meter up while we’re on O? This is just lazy and bad

What is the athletic department doing? Advertising this game with Quinn in a red uniform? Giving out blue T-Shirts for a Wednesday night game but deciding not to provide all fans white shirts for the freaking white out? I’m assuming students will get white shirts but come on. Also 2 scoreboards don’t work half the time and whoever runs the graphics sometimes puts the noise meter up while we’re on O? This is just lazy and bad
Remember when we had games when t-shirts were placed on every seat?

No lies detected. Sloppy effort here. One of the 20 people in marketing should be able to sell a t-shirt sponsorship deal or two to make a whiteout happen. Even if you just supplement half the cost, I'm sure we could find the other $20k-$25k that it would cost.

I kept hearing the advertising about it being a white out (but still NO EMAILS AT ALL asking me to buy tickets to ANY of the games), and it took me awhile to figure out why we are doing a white out instead of a red out. (For those that don't know, Dayton's colors are also red and blue, so presumably as the visiting team, they will be wearing red).

Assuming they aren't handing out white t's:

a) big missed opportunity
b) the number of people who will see this message, read it, and remember to wear white tomorrow is probably pretty small

I don't have a white Spider shirt, so I will be wearing a white dress shirt.
Considering CCV racquet sports attire myself... but will still dream tonight that SAF is plannning their 2am attack at every Walmart in the greater RVA to pillage the Hanes T-shirt inventory ..

Reactions: urfan1
Anyone know the last time we had a home game like this, with a combined 22-game winning streak or better between the two teams? I think never since I have been paying attention (30 years).

Last edited:
Reactions: Spiders4ever
I remember the Temple game in the Kevin Anderson era, when the student body rushed the court. When was the last time UR beat a top 25 team at home?

Last edited:
I think it was a vcu game, maybe that 2015 one? Before that I think when UMass came in here ranked 12th or 13th somehow and we sent them packing. They were way overinflated though, lost a bunch more and didn't even make the tournament.

I’m streaming apps only. No local tv except what the apps get me. This is why it’s frustrating to subscribe to something like Peacock when they fail to include content from their other channels for which they have separate apps that they tether to cable. I’m assuming CBSSN is the exact same way and the game is not available on Paramount +
I have a Samsung smart tv. Has a cbssn app on it, I expect to see tonight's gamee.

I don't have a white Spider shirt, so I will be wearing a white dress shirt.
Although I am out of town, the only white spider shirt I have is an imitation of the arachnophobia movie poster, with the moon replaced with a basketball.

lt is from when the movie was out.

edit: 1987 football conference champs shirt May be white…

Last edited:
I remember the Temple game in the Kevin Anderson era, when the student body rushed the court. When was the last time UR beat a top 25 team at home?

I went to a game when Spiders beat 11 ranked UMass at home and stormed the court. It was my first time to Robins.

Although I am out of town, the only white spider shirt I have is an imitation of the arachnophobia movie poster, with the moon replaced with a basketball.

lt is from when the movie is out.

edit: 1987 football conference champs shirt May be white…
When I was in school, the bookstore sold a white Arachnophobia bball tshirt, listed all the games in a web or maybe big wins, don’t really remember. Cool shirt tho.

True - please most importantly confirm you have a solid way to watch the game tomorrow night and if not I can discreetly provide via DM some streaming credentials
Thanks! I signed up for YouTubeTv free trial which lasts only 2 days - they must be on to the trial/cancellation move - so I should be all set. Am testing it out in the panic room right now with Major League Fishing on, gonna leave it on for awhile just to ensure no snags. (Chad Mrazek just won $200k after a big day 3, lol.).

Now just gotta wait for my wife to bring the car back so I can make a store run.

Noon start - Lehigh at Holy Cross in some icy Patriot League action. Combined 10 wins in 38 games for these 2 teams, one of which was when they played the first time. 5-13 vs 5-15. Oof. Dave Paulson coaching Holy Cross. Holy Cross somehow beat Georgetown in the OOC.

You know things are going well for the team when the only thing people are complaining about is advertisements, score board and free shirts.

Over all the experience at the Robin Center is very high quality compared to mid-majors.

Maybe so, but there is always room for improvement. The promos and in-game giveaways have been weak to nonexistent the last few years.

As for tonight's white out, I have plenty of white UR tshirts. But unless you read this board or hear local radio, how would you know you're supposed to wear white tonight, when for years now they have always said "wear red"?

Communication is no longer a strong point.

Last edited:
For an academic school, we sure must have a bunch of dumbasses working in promotions and marketing. Advertising a white-out with a player wearing a RED uniform. I mean, anyone can make a mistake, but come on. How many hundreds of marketing issues have we had over the last 20 years? I hope they are all volunteers, I hate to think these clowns are getting paid for incompetence. Maybe they should hire the "Mooney Billboard" guys...

GO SPIDERS!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT