ADVERTISEMENT

Credit the AD

MolivaManiac

Spider's Club
Feb 8, 2004
A year ago, we bitched and moaned about the amount of yellow in the Robins Center. The AD heard us and made changes.

The place wasn't devoid of yellow but it was a massive improvement over last year. In a close game, it matters.

We'll done. Let's do it again next year.

Totally agree. Thank you for hearing us, Keith! It was a tremendous difference, and now we can enjoy a sweep.

Agree. Great plan by the AD and ticketing staff. Got to make sure we do the same thing next year.

Totally agree. Much improved from last year. Think we can lock up the RC even more next year.

Great crowd! Great game! Thanks to the students who showed up in force. Hope it becomes a habit.

This game's tickets never got to public sale. AD offered them pre-sale to season ticket holders and spider club...and sold it out before RPI fans could buy their usual amounts. Kept the split overwhelmingly in our favor. Just like their home games are.

Credit the AD for implementing the game plan that I and others put on this board after the game in RC last year. Very simple idea of us buying up all individual tickets. And it worked. Other than probably some corporates giving tickets to Rams, there weren't more than a few gold/black folks together in any areas. Obviously, they couldn't buy up the 10, 15, 20 they did last year and take over premium sections. While they tried to cheer at times, rarely heard any of them. So great not to have ANY of them sitting around us. Don't discount the importance of us being able to drown out the other team's fans and helping get this W.

great. love to hear that. thought the crowd was overwhelmingly red on tv and was wondering about what they did differently.

next year if he can keep any idiotic dallas cowboys from attending that would be great too. you'd think being a teammate of romo that he would know not to celebrate until the game ends...

Kudos go out to season ticket holders for showing up or giving their seats to Spider fans. I really appreciate it!!

I don't think Witten is dying to return to our place soon but that's a story for the slow summer months when I have a few beers in me.

Brook yes he did have the comb over. He is a big dude, and I did get me picture with him since I am a huge Dallas fan. Lol

witten wasn't there for the game. He was getting a referral to a Bosley hair center from vcu's AD.

great move by the ticket office -- we should do this more often for our BIG games, including football

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT