ADVERTISEMENT

B. Artis White - Transfer Commit

Don’t you think it would.be a courtesy and show of appreciation to
Mooney if you changed your “avatar” and joined the rest of the adults on this board?
I would show great appreciation if we made the NCAA's more than once in the past 13 years and didn't have a laughably horrendous record against our biggest rival. You want to get down in the mud on a player welcome thread? Maybe you are the one that needs to grow up 👋

I would show great appreciation if we made the NCAA's more than once in the past 13 years and didn't have a laughably horrendous record against our biggest rival. You want to get down in the mud on a player welcome thread? Maybe you are the one that needs to grow up 👋
What other school with our scholastics and small size have done what you ask?
You’re a classless boar. As one poster put it, you’re a mole.

Reactions: gcarter52
I'm actually not getting involved here, but I will point out that comparing us to other schools of our size and academic stature is not the way to do this. We are 25-year members of the Atlantic 10. Compare us to other members of the Atlantic 10 and similar leagues.

Reactions: nathanw19
What other school with our scholastics and small size have done what you ask?
You’re a classless boar. As one poster put it, you’re a mole.

u don’t even have to look far, there’s 1 right in our league - Davidson. & it’s smaller and more scholastic.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
you've made your point, but this time you went over the top

I hate that this nonsense is on a player commitment thread. I've been on and off this Board since its inception, and I've been a diehard fan since my freshman year at U of R in the fall of 1998. This Board is great EXCEPT for the propensity for certain posters to go after one another. I have no patience for this garbage. We're all grown-a** men (or women), can we please refrain from going after one another?

Back to B. Artis. Really like this signing. I was in favor of a long athletic defender (basically a Dji or Bigs clone) with the last spot. But we definitely could use a proven commodity in the back court. Hunt is one. Tyne I like a lot, but still needs to show he can be consistent. GW3 is high potential, but not proven.

B. Artis is a productive player at the D1 level. He looks like he can be really good for us, and at the least will be productive and competent. He does need to bump up his Tik Tok followers a little, but like what I see on his highlights and stats on the court.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Back to B. Artis. Really like this signing. I was in favor of a long athletic defender (basically a Dji or Bigs clone) with the last spot. But we definitely could use a proven commodity in the back court.
the more I read about him, the more I think the B Artis commitment is a home run.

he's had some injuries. played 19 games in 20-21, played 20 in 21-22, then missed the entire 22-23 season with a knee injury. even last year he missed 3 weeks from late January to mid February. but he came back strong scoring in double figures in 7 of his last 8 games. hes a really good shooter on volume. and lightning quick. he sounds fully recovered.

very good article here:

I think he steps in for King and fills the role of the primary ball handler and knock down shooter. I thought this last spot would be for guard depth, but now I think we got top of the rotation talent.

Like this quote from his coach at WMU:

"He has unbelievable quickness, he can shoot the ball from range, he has an out of this world pull up game and he's getting better at making plays for others," the head coach said. "I think he's a bit of a calming influence in that all the guys trust him."

From the highlights I do really like his pull up game and step back.

Competition at all positions looks like it will be stiff. I can see Hunt and White starting
with Tyne in a sixth man role and the Mich transfer. We saw Hunt and King go to a more fast pace and this year could be the same story. Having the potential for all four guards capable of starting, is a nice problem to have.

One thing on the guards - as someone noted on here - having the small guards last season did not seem to be a detriment to our defense and closing out on shooters. I do think some of this is/was Boyden's influence on the defense, and all being quick and locked in on defense. I think the 4 guards - not knowing the defensive intensity and abilities of Washington and White - should be able to provide us with the ability to apply pressure to the other teams guards full bore all game long. Hoping that is the mentality and new guys step in on this front. May be even more important this year not know the defense of new guys on the wing.

There are a lot of wild card players on our roster, who if they make a big jump, can propel us to another very good season this year. But the one certainty we must have in this regard is PG play. We need him to be a Gilyard, King, KA type player for us if we’re going to win the A10s and make the NCAAs again.

we need great PG play but I don't expect B Artis to put up Jordan King stats. POY is a lot to ask. but I'm comfortable that between White, Hunt, Tyne and GW3 we're in great shape at guard.

I'm also feeling really good about the additions upfront in Beagle and Neskovic.

to me the key is if Roumoglou, or Tanner or someone else really shines at the 3. not just a cog in the machine ... but becomes a main guy. if that happens, we're loaded.

the "Moneyball" hoodie might be telling as well 😉
Hilarious. I wonder if the irony of that hoodie is lost on anyone. And for sure, Mooney should market "Mooneyball". That would be epic and the age of NIL and marketing everything and anything needs to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT