ADVERTISEMENT

Women's hoops schedule

SFspidur

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 5, 2003
I know pieces of this were briefly discussed in the men's thread, but thought it should be pulled out...this is a schedule for a team with expectations. How did we get Texas to come to the RC? Last year's NETs in brackets:

Nov. 4 at Temple [92]
Nov. 9 vs Morgan State [326]
Nov. 12 at Fairfield [89]
Nov. 15 vs Gardner-Webb [349]
Nov. 21 vs William & Mary [177]

Nov. 24 at Appalachian State [169]
Nov. 29 vs Oakland (Daytona Beach Classic) [252]
Nov. 30 vs Oklahoma State (Daytona Beach Classic) [58]
Dec. 4 vs Georgetown [87]
Dec. 8 vs Columbia (Henrico Sports & Events Center) [56]
Dec. 15 vs Texas [3]
Dec. 20 vs Clemson (West Palm Beach Classic) [90]
Dec. 21 vs Tennessee (West Palm Beach Classic) [26]

That's a very good schedule, a national schedule. who knows about Texas but u take it...maybe connections?

night and day difference with the men. Also I notice Coach Roussell is quoted in there multiple times. Our men's press release had nothing. Probably because they were embarassed, but it's still not the right thing to ever do. don't shrink from the responsibility, u have to speak for your program.

and Roussell specifically talks about setting high goals for the schedule. mindset. They may have ended up with an extra power conf game exceeding goals as result. I mentioned this with Mooney & the men's approach. If you're only going for a couple power conf games u can easily fall below it.

What a tough schedule! Pretty cool that we are able to get top rank teams like Texas and Duke at the Robins Center in recent years. Hope we bring prospective recruits to this game. Great balance of Q1 and Q2 opportunities on our schedule as well. I am guessing no of or both the Daytona Beach Classic and West Palm Beach Classic aren't MTEs, otherwise we're allowed to play in 2 MTEs? Lots of big games and names on our schedule, but two underrated games this year are at Fairfield who finished 31-2 last year and managing to get a neutral game (in Henrico and essentially home game) against Columbia who was 23-7 last year and an at-large team in the NCAA tournament.

Roussell is continuing to do an amazing job building this program. I hope attendance continues to rise for our women's Spider's basketball games and I hope there is some NIL in place for our women's program as well. I am excited to see how this program continues to grow in the next several years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT