ADVERTISEMENT

William & Larry game

I fully expect another 5 turnovers but...

Has anyone looked at the other games today?

It now appears an 8-4 team from the CAA would get serious consideration. Something that didn't seem possible two weeks ago.

The problem we have, even if we pull out a W next week, is how BAD we looked today on both sides of the ball. That won't be out of the minds of anyone on the committee, even if they only saw highlights. How you're playing down the stretch is important and right now we're not playing well. While the team has been saying all the right buzz words since the Villanova victory, think they got way too confident.

Tribe and Spiders are equally mediocre at this point.Should be a good game between two equally matched teams.Home team advantage to Tribe.

Whatever the disappointments for both teams, I think the winner next week probably gets in. Tribes problem is we lost our final two starting O-linemen at Towson.

Re: William & Larry game. W&M's New Pass Play

Bet Jimmye's adding a new play called "JMU successful pass play because UR cant rotate their soft zone coverage." What was even wose is that JMU didn't even need to call it to the other side of the field. Jimmye will mix it up.

Re: William & Larry game. W&M's New Pass Play

This game matters for pride if anything. I'm still ticked when they won on a last second TD in 2011 when our team was awful. If we somehow manage to win I don't think we deserve the playoffs after our last two showings. Maybe the committee will throw us a bone after screwing us over two years ago.

I know this is not where we wanted to be 2 weeks ago. But we are where we are. The team sits at 7-4. Same record as W&M. I really think this is a true elimination game. Win and you're in. And then anything can happen. I'm hoping for a very determined and focused Spiders team to take the field at W&M on Saturday night. For the 22 seniors, time to leave it all out on the field. If we do that, win or lose, we can leave W-Burg with our heads high.

Go Spiders!

Hopefully we can get refocused and get to 8-4 and at least give the commetee something to think about. I am usually a glass half type guy, but I dont know if I see us beating W&M Saturday. I really hope I am wrong.

Next year we have a new university president. In my opinion our administration needs to determine the course of our football program. There is that kooky UR professor who called for dropping football. I hope we don't drop the program. We need to determine if we really want to contend for the CAA title and participation in the FCS play offs. I want to see us have a strong program contending for conference and national championships. If the new administration feels we should not contend, then perhaps our football program should join a conference that does not take part in the playoffs. I hope we don't take that route. WE have won a National Championship, which proves it can be done. We are one of three private schools that have won a I-AA/FCS NC. Furman and Villanova are the other private schools to garner a NC.

I've been told that when our seniors were introduced prior to the start of the game, there were about 20 UR fans in the stands. I hope that isn't true.

re:I've been told that when our seniors were introduced prior to the start of the game, there were about 20 UR fans in the stands. I hope that isn't true.

Do you ever actually see anything for yourself?

It was true. Pretty sad and pitiful. There were almost as many of seniors on the field with their families as fans in the stands at that point. The fans need to step it up just like the team does. And the recruits were there watching...think they get excited about going to a place where the fans can't show up and say thank you to the seniors for giving four years of their life to a football program?

This post was edited on 11/16 12:04 PM by spidermex

I was there with my Dad and son. There were at least 20-25 others there, so it is untrue.

Let's be honest, it was a late arriving crowd due to the 1230 start and if people wanted to drink an extra beer in the parking lot to warm up, so be it.

Did we lose by 5 scores to our hated rival with a playoff berth on the line because my buddy was drinking a Ranger IPA at 12:20? No, we didnt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT