ADVERTISEMENT

VCU Dayton

I-M-UR

Graduate Assistant
Mar 10, 2006
Mixed on who I want to win, but the game is a lot of uncalled fouls. Typical VCU game

Reactions: Ram Bal
Well Dayton ending up in the 2nd seed and VCU ending up 3rd wouldn’t be too horrible

Reactions: urfan1
Yeah. This is fine. Outcome probably didn't matter too much for us. Perhaps a slight edge for us for vcu winning anyway since we play them twice. And it keeps us a game ahead of Dayton. Want the 1 seed without using a tiebreaker. Would be tough to overlook us in that case with Dayton getting a bid but behind us in the league due to a head to head win.

If we're in competition with vcu for an at-large, we should be fine. After we beat them at home, we'll be split with them. We'll have a win over Dayton, and they'll have a split (no way they're sweeping Dayton with a 2nd victory in Dayton). We look better overall when you break down the wins and losses, too.

I hope you're all correct, though it assumes we keep winning and beat them at home (given our history, I think those are big IFs). But for me, every time I see a VCU win, I cringe when it comes to the standings. (I have a much stronger reaction overall).

We won last night and did not even storm the court! 🙄😂😂. Y’all keep winning and see you at the RC on 3/2. I need to bet @BillyWayne on this one! 🙌🏀

We won last night and did not even storm the court! 🙄😂😂. Y’all keep winning and see you at the RC on 3/2. I need to bet @BillyWayne on this one! 🙌🏀

Last week was supposed to be the court storming. After all it was YOUR Super Bowl. U really threw us for a loop.

They turned the lights out promptly after the game and everyone grabbed their wallets and pocketbooks. No time for storming.
Just guessing KC vs SF tomorrow night will be anti climactic for VCU fans. Their Super Bowl has come and gone.

That game was a horrible display of basketball lol.
The nationwide opportunity for the A10 to show the quality of its teams and you get that game. I’m sure I will see replies about how good the defense was - there’s lots of that during free throws. This type of game is why the A10 could be a one bid league.

Granted Joey Brackets said that no top 8 league has ever only had one bid in the NCAA tournament. A 16 seed had never beaten a 1 seed a few years ago too….

You also said Dayton was your bigger rival and tickets were going for 18 bucks yesterday afternoon. Kudos though. Everyone on both boards smashing this as a bad year for VCU, yet you just beat the top two teams in the standings. Not bad for a down year in comparison to Mooney's down years. I'm afraid Mooney is going to be choking on his little water cup when we play again. I am hoping the players are ready to go though. Also Jaynel with a nice shooting game!

You also said Dayton was your bigger rival and tickets were going for 18 bucks yesterday afternoon. Kudos though. Everyone on both boards smashing this as a bad year for VCU, yet you just beat the top two teams in the standings. Not bad for a down year in comparison to Mooney's down years. I'm afraid Mooney is going to be choking on his little water cup when we play again. I am hoping the players are ready to go though. Also Jaynel with a nice shooting game!
Actually the Rams have beaten the top 3.

It was fun to storm the court after the Dayton win! It creates passion. It was not entirely unexpected to win that one, even Dayton fans thought they might lose.

Winning these kinds of games is not new to us. It's just fun to make it fun. We've won, what 7 out of the last 8 against ranked opponents in the RC!

Reactions: gcarter52
I agree. U r only in college a short time. Vcu won the Super Bowl against us and didn’t storm. What disrespect. Maybe we can use it for motivation in round 2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT