ADVERTISEMENT

Varsity Lax Back on the Table

That would be a shame to drop one sport to gain another. I wish we would add another sport or just not drop a sport. We will (could) be just as competitive in lax as we are in soccer on the national scene and both sports equally fit our university. Maybe this explains why, how and when Peay left.

Who are the big money decision makers impacting this decision?

Could an individual who want Lacrosse at UR badly enough, simply write a check to fund the program, as well as Women's Rowing or some other Women's equivalent sport?

Purely a Title IX issue, you may as well do away with men's X-country also. Why would an elite runner come here with no I/O track program of any sort? Sure they can run "unattached", but you can play club lacrosse unattached to the University also, not much of an answer. Very disappointed!

Feels exactly like what some of us went through 14 years ago (I'm so old now)...it sure isn't fun.

(BTW, Dave...you say they're playing at the Robins Center tonight, but unless they're becoming an indoor team for their final season, they're at Robins Stadium.)

Huge fan of men's lacrosse - tough call because of decisions having to be made affecting other sports. Wonder how Ayers time at UVA where men's lacrosse is so successful played into this decision.........................?

uva was pretty good in men's soccer as well. probably more to do with $$$$ than his preference in sports.

At UVA lacrosse attracts many more fans than soccer although both have been ranked number one in recent years. Also there is a dedicated lacrosse stadium. Agree that moola is probably driving force and larger fan base plays into the dynamic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT