ADVERTISEMENT

Tristan Wheeler named to Athlon Sports' 2023 FCS Preseason All-America Team

32counter

Spider's Club
Apr 8, 2008
Siesta Key,FL

Let’s see how long it takes our PR group to acknowledge that Tristan was named to the All American team.Tribe was on it immediately as was UNH and Monmouth.
UR is asleep at the switch.No surprise.

Last edited:

Let’s see how long it takes our PR group to acknowledge that Tristan was named to the All American team.Tribe was on it immediately as was UNH and Monmouth.
UR is asleep at the switch.No surprise.

You are a piece of work, I'm sure you did see the recognition given to Wheeler, it wss on the same day that W & M recognized Pius (5/31).

You are a piece of work, I'm sure you did see the recognition given to Wheeler, it wss on the same day that W & M recognized Pius (5/31).

Not so.The above referenced UR Tweet re:Tristan is nowhere to be found on the Richmond Football Twitter account today.

The Spider website issuance wasn’t until 6/1.

Tribe issued its tweet on 5/31 at 10:12am

Both UNH via Twitter at 11:24 am and Monmouth via its website released on the a.m. of 5/31

UR issued its supposed tweet on 3:06pm on 5/31.Never saw it until 6/1 a.m,

After much encouragement by one particular interested party.

So your statement is patently erroneous.

Last edited:
A favorite McBride memory. He blitzes, seriously pressures the QB, but gets cut down just before contact, QB dumps a short pass to a back, meanwhile McBride jumps to his feet, tracks down the receiver, and tackles him for a marginal gain,

What a player. What a competitor. Wheeler is cut from the same cloth.

A favorite McBride memory. He blitzes, seriously pressures the QB, but gets cut down just before contact, QB dumps a short pass to a back, meanwhile McBride jumps to his feet, tracks down the receiver, and tackles him for a marginal gain,

What a player. What a competitor. Wheeler is cut from the same cloth.
Was it McBride who stole the ball from the App. St. punt, or KO, return man, took it in for a TD to put the Spiders ahead late before Edwards ripped our hearts out at City Stadium in 2009?

Reactions: whampas and urfan1
Was it McBride who stole the ball from the App. St. punt, or KO, return man, took it in for a TD to put the Spiders ahead late before Edwards ripped our hearts out at City Stadium in 2009?
Yes.

He did special teams too.

Thanks for reminding me of that play.

It was cold that night as I recall. Of course, at my current age don't remember what the temp was yesterday. Alas.

Last edited:
Yes.

He did special teams too.

Thanks for reminding me of that play.

It was cold that night as I recall. Of course, at my current age don't remember what the temp was yesterday. Alas.
Yes, it was cold and wet…snowing during the pregame festivities, but believe it had turned to a nasty 35 degree mist and drizzle by game time.

If I’m not mistaken this was the last Richmond game at City Stadium.

Go Spiders!

CAA Football Defensive Player of the Week
Tristan Wheeler, Sr., LB, Richmond (Bethlehem, Pa./Freedom)

Wheeler recorded a team-high 12 tackles (10 solo), 1.5 TFL’s, a sack, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery to help lead Richmond past Campbell, 44-13. The senior’s strip sack was one of three 4th-quarter turnovers that led to 21 points as the Spiders became the first team to hold the Camels under 24 points. Wheeler, who has 89 stops in 2023, moved into 2nd place on UR’s career tackles list with 455.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT