ADVERTISEMENT

Title ix and Nil

That's an interesting piece and interesting discussion. I understand the point, and it's logical that if the money is coming from the school, it needs to be equal. But at the same time, it feels as if there is also an obvious difference between scholarships and NIL money. One is more or less directly tied to supply and demand, while the other is not. Feels like some school or group of schools will challenge that legally in the not-too-distant future. Not sure if they'll have success.

just so much simpler to keep it separate as it currently is ... booster funded.
I don't understand the upside of having the school directly involved when it seems so obvious it will cause Title IX implications. you don't want to be a school fighting against Title IX.

Thanks, Anach. Aged up last year, so I've got a few more in 45–49. :)

just so much simpler to keep it separate as it currently is ... booster funded.
I don't understand the upside of having the school directly involved when it seems so obvious it will cause Title IX implications. you don't want to be a school fighting against Title IX.
Well, the upside is the schools have access to larger piles of cash and internal control as to how that cash is spent. But yes, this now opens up the pandora's box to Title IX implications.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT