ADVERTISEMENT

Strauss may return afterall.....

LKNSPIDER

Assistant Coach
May 7, 2005
Anyone read the John O'Connor article Friday?......"A second medical opinion acquired in Miami leaves the door open for Strauss' potential return this season. Strauss, who's from the Miami area, was expected to miss the remainder of the season.
"At the moment, I think the doctors are collaborating here, both on this end and in Miami," UR coach Danny Rocco said Wednesday. "Right now, Mike Strauss and his family are leaning toward not having the surgery. Obviously, the surgery would equate to season ending."

I hate seeing anyone end their career on crutches, especially at our FCS level, because more than likely they will never play again. It was hard last year watching Ben Edwards on crutches knowing he wouldn't play any more. Now, our two offensive stars Mike Strauss and Stephen Barnette are going out this way without ever playing in the playoffs after working so hard. It's really kinda sad. I hope Strauss comes back, even in a backup role.

Rocco referenced this on weds or thurs on Burton's show. Said that even if they opt for no surgery, he would still have at least 4 weeks of recovery time. Didn't sound like it was a good chance he'd be back.

Should be back in time for the national championship game, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT