ADVERTISEMENT

Sans Robertson,Nova loses to Sammy from Houston

32counter

Spider's Club
Apr 8, 2008
Siesta Key,FL
Robertson didn't play.Had concussion.34-31.Keeler goes to FargoDome with all his BCS transfers to take on Bison in one semifinal.

This post was edited on 12/13 4:56 PM by 32counter

Here are the facts on Robertson from AndyTally:

On senior quarterback John Robertson's situation: He got hurt in the game on Saturday against Liberty and he had a concussion so we put him through the protocol and he passed all the protocol. He was in practice yesterday and looked really good but part of it is, is that you have to have some collision stuff which he did on Friday but this morning he did not feel well. He hadn't slept, he had a head ache and he came to us and said `I don't think I can go'. That was certainly a flashpoint for us, we had to quickly scheme Chris (Polony) up and take some things out of the game plan that we had for John and cut it down a little bit for Chris. Chris was taking all the reps all week so he was geared up and ready to go but as of yesterday it looked like John (Robertson) was able to play. Then this morning after mass that was what we got so we quickly moved on with Chris and were confident that he would play the way he did and give us a chance to win it. I think that is the bottom line he played really well and gave us a chance to win.

On Robertson's decision: His mindset was that he was letting us down. However, he has had a concussion before and he knows how it feels but he didn't feel right and was worried that he might not make the right decisions on the field ... I accepted it because I had thought about it all week: We were going to play without probably the best player in FCS football ... While it was hard, we are all here for the betterment of our student-athletes and I wouldn't want to put him on the field. It is just a game and it is his head. You worry about long-term effects and there is so much now with concussion issues that in everyone is much more concerned about that kind of thing.

It was unfortunate for Villanova that Robertson could not play. He is a tremendous player and a real dual threat QB. You would have to think that the game plan and philosophy had to be altered for the game. I did not see the game, but based on the score and the fact that the game was close, kudos should go to the back up QB and rest of VU team for stepping up and almost getting the win. That being said, it sounds like Coach Talley and Robertson made the proper call by sitting him out.

let's not forget, Sam Houston, was a VIRGINIAN, show some respect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT