ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Class Nationally Ranked

SpiderChaz

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2015
According to 24/7 sports, UR's 2016 recruiting class currently ranks 41st in the country (the rankings fluctuate daily so this could change as others start getting commits).

But if you look at this list, the Spiders are in some pretty good company. Best part is there are no A-10 teams in front of us. November's official signing day can't get here soon enough!

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Ba...edium=ExternalEmbed&utm_campaign=TeamRankings

Might point out that our class would be ranked even higher, but Grant was injured and not given credit; he is easily a three star recruit.

Reactions: gcarter52
Hate to rain on the parade, but the reason we are ranked is because we pulled in recruits really early in the season. We were actually ranked in the top 25 recruiting classes right after we got commitments from Buckingham and Sherod because so few people had committed. Many schools don't have a single commit yet, and about half of the top 100 recruits haven't committed yet. We have a very good class that I am very excited about, but we are not going to end up as having a top 50, or possibly even top 100 recruiting class when all is said and done. Luckily recruiting rankings don't mean much.

Reactions: Gopher+RamFan
While I tend to agree with all that you are saying, I still relish in the fact we are still ranked this high. How many times have we been able to say this doing most seasons. Let's have fun nevertheless!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT