ADVERTISEMENT

Re: UR Journalists

Anachnoid

Graduate Assistant
May 10, 2003
There were some pretty acclaimed UR journalists during my first tenure. Dave Howard died early after making a mark at the Richmond newspapers. Cindy Creasy, another, just died after many years at the RTD, Oregonbeav, Mark Ovendon is in N Dakota in tv, Wanda Starke in Charlotte on tv, ( there was a utube video of her being a proud Spider.). Our profs? Uncle Earle, Ed Swain and Charles Fishburne come to mind. One of those little majors at a great school.

Some good ones over the years, how is the department structured now? With the changes in recent years is it improved, about the same, or cut back?

Lest we forget, a basketball Spider in Philly.

"But our laws secure equal justice for all in their private disputes, and our public opinion welcomes and honors talent in every branch of achievement, not for any sectional reason but on grounds of excellence alone." - Thucydides; The History of the Peloponnesian War, Book II (Funeral Oration of Pericles), 37

Ukee Washington

I think Rick Stine (78 or 79) went on to work for the Wall Street Journal or one of those national papers.

Thanks for the props but calling me an "acclaimed journalist" is a real stretch. Pencil-necked geek, yes.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

So sad about Cindy. A good friend at UR, and a great journalist for the RTD.

Didn't realize Wanda was a UR grad...remember her from her WGRZ days in Buffalo when I was a teenager.

possibly, but two pulitzers probably top an emmy for reading someone else's typing. both great guys and proud of all our SPIDS whether they win anything or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT