ADVERTISEMENT

Political Thread- Webspinner, get in here!

I am sure you will be happy to know that I just got back from Edinburgh. However, as I stepped from the plane, I was made aware of a personal family tragedy: While I was abroad, little sister got engaged to a Republican from Annapolis.
Obviously, she found another intelligent Annapolitan.

I am sure you will be happy to know that I just got back from Edinburgh. However, as I stepped from the plane, I was made aware of a personal family tragedy: While I was abroad, little sister got engaged to a Republican from Annapolis.
Roll Republicans!

that is a prob, we all try and identify with a party and support them while holding our noses on a lot of the things they do but don't want to give the other party any credit for better ideas. really detest that they rule and almost impossible for a candidate to emerge and make a meaningful run at the oval office.

that is a prob, we all try and identify with a party and support them while holding our noses on a lot of the things they do but don't want to give the other party any credit for better ideas. really detest that they rule and almost impossible for a candidate to emerge and make a meaningful run at the oval office.
Spinner, you are so right. I have often been amazed, or maybe I should say disappointed in friends that admit that they never voted for anyone in the other party. I remember voting for Bill Clinton, his first term, and have no regrets.
The "parties" don't represent the people, just the strength of their voting block. Donald Trump is not presidential material, but he's getting support of the anti-politician supporters. Scary, isn't it.

trump is not stupid enough to take a demotion to prez even though an upgrade in his aircraft from 757 to 747. would love for all candidates to be more open and speak their minds like he is doing rather than just say what some people want to hear. he is used to figuring out what has to be done and doing it and he would be so frustrated knowing what needs to be done in washington but not being able to do it because of our elected representatives who want to keep things just like they are, both parties. the two parties may have some differences on some issues but basically they are all about keeping washington growing, spending money we don't have and that is not going to change until there comes a time when it is forced on them.

by the way, will not get into specifics but we do have a trump family member as a current student. really nice young man am told.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnnapSpider
If he has Donald's hair he should be easy to spot.

The political parties used to have center, right and left within each party that had some power. There is very little of that now and leads to the polarization in Washington.

Spinner is correct in my opinion- our elected representatives who want to keep things just like they are, both parties.
What have either of them shown that would make you think otherwise?

what toasts me more than anything is when an individual elected official, with common sense, speaks up about how much trouble we are really in, they say he is out of touch, a whacko. leading those accusations is the mainstream press. it is almost like nobody in washington took an economics class. in reality they all are afraid to tackle the problem, they just keep things as they are. we need some backbone, a pair, in this country instead of just looking the other way.

So at this point Trump is "winning" with less than thirty percent support by those polled, and the remainder of the two thirds are split between a dozen candidates.

Here's what I hope happens:

Trump is denounced by the GOP, fails to get the GOP nomination- and since he's so pissed, he decides to run as a third party candidate, because he knows he'll F them over by stealing the true believer vote like Perot and Nader did, splitting the vote- That dude is so tactical. If somehow DT gets nominated, it's game-over, probably the same for most of GOP ticket, but there are a couple that might stand a chance in the general election, but won't get there.

Florida has closed primaries, so as an unaffiliated person, I can't vote. That being said, I hope the Clinton fatigue has really set in. Biden and Gore tell the party to F*** off, and Bernie Sanders matches up against some tool like Walker or Rubio. It's a shame Ricky's out, because the flat-Earth society may be vocal, but as soon as they say dinosaurs lived alongside men, their future is cast, and rightfully.

HAHA, spoken like a true communist commie. really don't think trump wants to take a demotion to prez so really doubt if he runs a third party operation other than to stick it to the old guys who run the republican party. the dems with clinton, saunders, gore or biden, just stink the place up and if i was a "true believer" and had to vote dem, would be very sad. too bad that money, how much money, you can get from the very rich, run these deals but the way it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT