ADVERTISEMENT

Observations

urfan1

Jan 9, 2003
I have been to 2 practices and will share my observations to date. Generally i am pleased. Mikel, Dlo and Mike are where we expect, go to leaders, was particularly pleased to see Dlo take ownership at one point. a transfer, I think AP made a mental error Dlo went right to him and in his face making it clear what was wrong, then passed him the ball on the next set. B artis and AP flip flopped shooting the 2 times I saw. 1st B Artis could not miss, second practice it was AP, both shot well in other practice. Beagle and big Mike look like 2 men fighting one another, Beagle can hit shots too. Jaylen is a hoss, don't plan on pushing him around, strong to the basket and can finish. GWIII came in over weight, which I am told Mich had him beef up for Big10, he looked slow. He is losing weight, in fact looked like different person by 2nd practice and was much improved. Soulis and Roach at practices, still not seem to be going 100%. McGlothin quick and agile, can shoot and will help us. Perhaps biggest surprise Jack D'Entremont, he may be coming from D3, but he is a smart player, not only can he shoot, but can play D and gets the ball to his teammates.

Went to breakfast this AM, saw a man decked out in his UConn gear. Congratulated him on back to back and said we got one of their transfers, said we call him AP, he said Oh, Apostolos. He was a fan favorite, can shoot the 3, only reason he did not play was he was behind some great players.

I have been to 2 practices and will share my observations to date. Generally i am pleased. Mikel, Dlo and Mike are where we expect, go to leaders, was particularly pleased to see Dlo take ownership at one point. a transfer, I think AP made a mental error Dlo went right to him and in his face making it clear what was wrong, then passed him the ball on the next set. B artis and AP flip flopped shooting the 2 times I saw. 1st B Artis could not miss, second practice it was AP, both shot well in other practice. Beagle and big Mike look like 2 men fighting one another, Beagle can hit shots too. Jaylen is a hoss, don't plan on pushing him around, strong to the basket and can finish. GWIII came in over weight, which I am told Mich had him beef up for Big10, he looked slow. He is losing weight, in fact looked like different person by 2nd practice and was much improved. Soulis and Roach at practices, still not seem to be going 100%. McGlothin quick and agile, can shoot and will help us. Perhaps biggest surprise Jack D'Entremont, he may be coming from D3, but he is a smart player, not only can he shoot, but can play D and gets the ball to his teammates.
I don’t understand why Michigan would want their guard to beef-up, Big 10 or not.

Thanks URfan1. Wondered if anyone was allowed to watch any of the practices. Getting harder and harder to have a “feel” for what the team will look like each year with so many new players on the roster.

I am also going to have to work on the names and nicknames for all these new guys.

Reactions: gospidersgo
I don’t understand why Michigan would want their guard to beef-up, Big 10 or not.
I think there is difference between bulking up and beefing up. Fan1 comments seems like it may have been the latter. Either way, glad he is working into playing shape.

Went to breakfast this AM, saw a man decked out in his UConn gear. Congratulated him on back to back and said we got one of their transfers, said we call him AP, he said Oh, Apostolos. He was a fan favorite, can shoot the 3, only reason he did not play was he was behind some great players.
when did we start calling Apostolos Roumoglou "AP"?
seems weird for a guy who's initials are AR.

Yeah, I was trying to decipher Fan 1's nicknames for the various players as well. AP had me stumped for a bit.

Any chance u saw Neskovic or Tanner? I think they are the only 2 u didn't mention.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT