ADVERTISEMENT

Need a another heading, and rename this heading

AnnapSpider

Graduate Assistant
May 8, 2003
Annapolis, MD
Mr Moderator, this heading has been taken over by the mono focused political zealots, one in particular seems to be
so shallow that he doesn't realize his rhetoric shows total lack of understanding by those with differing opinions.
We need another heading- Non-political Off Topics. That way we can discuss topics relevant to the University and not
some closed minded fools that continually espouse political hate.

I smell a request/begging to the moderator to insitute a Mercy Rule.

Is there a White Flag rule as well?

Sometimes facing the truth is extremely painful when you’re at the track and your horse finishes last.Sometimes it feels like when you get punched really hard in the mouth.It’s embarrassing.

As Roberto Duran motioned to the ref after being continually humiliated by Sugar Ray-‘NO MAS,NO MAS’.

Last edited:
Reactions: VT4700
Begging?
Not even close.A suggestion that with 24/7 news coverage from Fox to MSNBC, it would be nice to get away from
it occasionally. Especially, since this site is an escape for some to follow our Spiders, our school and related issues.
Neither Trump, nor Biden can dunk a ball or rush for 100 yards, though their egos may make them think they can.
And fortunately, neither have a connection with the U of R.

Begging?
Not even close.A suggestion that with 24/7 news coverage from Fox to MSNBC, it would be nice to get away from
it occasionally. Especially, since this site is an escape for some to follow our Spiders, our school and related issues.
Neither Trump, nor Biden can dunk a ball or rush for 100 yards, though their egos may make them think they can.
And fortunately, neither have a connection with the U of R.
You decide what you read and what you don't. Feel free to exercise your free will.

Personally, I enjoy the occasional kerfuffle. I see a lot of things I find interesting/entertaining particularly from 32. His constant barrage regarding Trump - especially since he's on record as having voted Orange in 2016 - is on a par with the zeal of an ex-smoker who now crusades against tobacco. It's damn near impossible to convince those in a cult that they're wrong so I doubt many (any?) minds have been changed. But frankly, while it may be a bit perverse, I kind of enjoy the banter with those who try to defend the indefensible.

You decide what you read and what you don't. Feel free to exercise your free will.

Personally, I enjoy the occasional kerfuffle. I see a lot of things I find interesting/entertaining particularly from 32. His constant barrage regarding Trump - especially since he's on record as having voted Orange in 2016 - is on a par with the zeal of an ex-smoker who now crusades against tobacco. It's damn near impossible to convince those in a cult that they're wrong so I doubt many (any?) minds have been changed. But frankly, while it may be a bit perverse, I kind of enjoy the banter with those who try to defend the indefensible.
I understand your zeal for torture (lol-kidding of course) , but my title was to “rename“ this heading, and add another.
The additional one would resurrect this site, and the renaming of what this site has morphed into could be Game of Thrones.

I understand your zeal for torture (lol-kidding of course) , but my title was to “rename“ this heading, and add another.
The additional one would resurrect this site, and the renaming of what this site has morphed into could be Game of Thrones.

Sounds like there is an abundance of cheap wine being sold and consumed in Annapolis these days.

Reactions: VT4700
Why would they rename this heading? The title covers everything. There are plenty of non political thread titles under this heading. Seems like a lot of whining just to whine.

LOL. Looks like it will be a tough month for you, Annap. Things not quite turning out like you thought?

The "Politics" sticky thread under "Off Topic Posts" was an attempt to separate political posts from posts relating to the University of Richmond. It still exists but is not utilized. So other than the thankless job for the moderators to move overtly political posts to that heading the current setup will remain "status quo" by default.

The "Politics" sticky thread under "Off Topic Posts" was an attempt to separate political posts from posts relating to the University of Richmond. It still exists but is not utilized. So other than the thankless job for the moderators to move overtly political posts to that heading the current setup will remain "status quo" by default.
So be it. Thank you.

Reactions: spider fan
You are welcome Annap! although I am not a moderator and was going purely on observation. However it is very nice to receive politeness with all the unnecessary sniping that has become all too common under the Off Topic heading.

Reactions: ChoppinBroccoli
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT