ADVERTISEMENT

Name on jerseys

AnnapSpider

Graduate Assistant
May 8, 2003
Annapolis, MD
Are there new rules about not having names on the backs of the jerseys?
It seems to me with the new NILs allowing players to be paid by sponsors, the players would
definitely want their name on the jerseys, and the school would want to support the player so
that he, and the school got some publicity.

There are no rules about it...up to the school and coach. Obviously it's cheaper to not do names. I don't know that NIL money is going to be very significant at our level and whether names on jerseys would impact it that much.

There are no rules about it...up to the school and coach. Obviously it's cheaper to not do names. I don't know that NIL money is going to be very significant at our level and whether names on jerseys would impact it that much.
Obviously, it would be local money, but

My opinion and some may lambaste for it but I don't like names on jerseys ...highlights individuality over team....again, just my opinion..they can profit from NIL in other ways.

My opinion and some may lambaste for it but I don't like names on jerseys ...highlights individuality over team....again, just my opinion..they can profit from NIL in other ways.
I understand your thinking, but not being able to make it to many games, so relegated to watching on TV,
I like to know who’s who.
Seems to work OK in the NFL and other schools.

with u Annap. Should have names on back. Find it strange when coaches/programs at any fairly high level sport don’t. They think preaching the “no i in team” except that’s been taught all their lives in team sports.

I’m assuming it’s all cost based. Probably cut the names on the football jerseys so lacrosse or men’s basketball can get names on their alternate travel bags.

Reactions: ur2K
I’m assuming it’s all cost based. Probably cut the names on the football jerseys so lacrosse or men’s basketball can get names on their alternate travel bags.
I’m pretty sure that Addidas is paying for the shirts, or certainly providing a major discount.
At a maximum of $10.00 a name, I don’t think cost has a thing to do with it.

If you’ve got better info than me, I’ll take your word for it. When we took the names off the jerseys, I had asked and was told it was a cost issue for the football program. That was a few years ago though and before Hardt’s negotiations with Addidas.

If you’ve got better info than me, I’ll take your word for it. When we took the names off the jerseys, I had asked and was told it was a cost issue for the football program. That was a few years ago though and before Hardt’s negotiations with Addidas.
Having dealt in the promotional apparel industry for 30+ years, I’d say I have a little knowledge of it.
Someone isn’t being honest with you, if they say it’s about cost.

Reactions: DTSpider
Especially if they are going to let two players wear the same number.

I was following the live stats on my phone during the game, and apparently Joe Mancuso made several tackles.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT