ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Walz - 2022 Commit

Walz will have a golden opportunity from day one. I can't see our next recruit being a Hunger level big man to compete with him.

For those unable to read: synopsis is that Walz was a multi-sport guy. Was a pitcher, had to get Tommy John surgery before high school, and sounds like that stopped him from continuing baseball. Basketball wise sounds like he’s a late bloomer - 6’3” his freshman year, no AAU til mid high school. Article mentions he got calls from Michigan State and Penn State (believe he had a Penn State offer) before committing to us.

Really think he’s a great fit for us and I’m high on his potential. If Grace is our starting 4, we’ll need Walz to give us good minutes as a backup 5. Hopefully by the start of A10 play he’ll be comfortable with the system and a good rotation player

Don't forget about golf. I thick he is close to a scratch golfer, which means he has very good coordination. 2 of our last 3 recruits have been 7 feet and 6'11, which might be the 2 largest players we have had at the same time. The 3rd is 6'7 and a good rebounder.

We’re going to have an incredible amount of size for a Richmond team, but do we have the guards
to make them successful? I’m concerned about who is going t9 be delivering the ball to our bigs?

Reactions: urfan1
Don't forget about golf. I thick he is close to a scratch golfer, which means he has very good coordination. 2 of our last 3 recruits have been 7 feet and 6'11, which might be the 2 largest players we have had at the same time. The 3rd is 6'7 and a good rebounder.
If he is a good putter he should be able to make free throws.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT