ADVERTISEMENT

Men's X-Country

Welcome aboard Noah, we have great coaches that will do all they can to help you advance your talent

CBA Colts Athletics ‏@CBAColts 5m5 minutes ago
Congratulations @noahyuro for continuing his running career at @RichmondXCTF next year! #WeAreCBA #CBASigningDay

Cw2aX7PXUAIhAc1.jpg

Welcome aboard Trey, I hope you find your next four years exciting and rewarding.

This is pretty amazing considering there is no mens track team. A friend and former UR runner said that he didn't think the men's X-country team would be able to see success after Track was shut down. Also thought it would be difficult for the women's team to recruit successfully without a viable men's team.

Reactions: urfan1
Reactions: ChoppinBroccoli
A note from Steve Taylor
I'm a former track and xc athlete very proud of these guys. Love Steve Taylor's quote about them living like monks. Way to go Men!

Imagine if Mooney had his guys follow the same template.as Taylor we’d be a #1 seed and optimistic about going to Dayton for the A10 final and an NCAA berth.

No leadership from the top.

...”Our guys were brilliant today." Head coach Steve Taylorsaid, "They executed the perfect race plan from top to bottom. We had 10 guys on the course, and they all ran brilliantly. Their self-discipline has been amazing. Since August, these men have been living a monk's life of running, studying, running, studying. Not one single positive COVID test by any of our cross country runners. It's like they've been a caged animal getting poked by a stick for eight months and today the cage door was opened and they let it all go ono the course. All their training and pent up energy, stress and worry was released out there on the course. I couldn't be more excited for the guys, what they've done, and the example they've set for this athletic department and the university...”

This is pretty amazing considering there is no mens track team. A friend and former UR runner said that he didn't think the men's X-country team would be able to see success after Track was shut down. Also thought it would be difficult for the women's team to recruit successfully without a viable men's team.

Based on conversations I have had both of these programs have been impacted.

I couldn't be more excited for the guys, what they've done, and the example they've set for this athletic department and the university...”
Quoted again for emphasis.

And they didn't even have a Queally Cross Country Center.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT